Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% ;)
Tired mistake that, Kenwright is over-working you
Still waiting on that 'it will be epic' Sunday night season review you promised carlin?
Where is it?
O that, I was going to but I didn't want to ruin the mood with some positivity, with no football for a few weeks plenty of time to get stuck into all that without distractions.

I know I joke about this a lot but if we really strike out on strikers I would try my damndest to convert Iwobi to that position in the offseason. Literally all of his best work tends to happen near the box and some of his flick ons are flat out ridiculous (not to mention he is built like a battle tank).

I also think he is fairly composed in that area. It’s just so hard to develop that mentality to grind games out when center backs are bumming you all game and you are left for dead for large periods. I just don’t think Alex fits into the team otherwise. But I wish he grew up with an inkling of how to play striker because he has traits that would work well there.

Better off offering nothing then. If you don't want to keep him don't keep him. I don't really think we should keep him.
I thought from all the posts on him you've put out there over the past few seasons you were his No1 fan.

Are you seriously now saying we should get rid?

I thought from all the posts on him you've put out there over the past few seasons you were his No1 fan.

Are you seriously now saying we should get rid?
It doesn't make sense to give a guy a new deal that will take him past age 30 who we have no intention of getting the best out of. For whatever reason our club sees him primarily as a right sided player and he is not a good right sided player. I still firmly believe someone will get a few good years out of him in a role that makes sense but it just doesn't seem likely to be us. So for me it's time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back