Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but so what, so did Walter Smith, season is more then just one game, they lost at home to Burnley arond the same time
Doesn't really matter to me at all but you brought up the Liverpool thing!

Beating them at Anfield should have theoretically broken a major mental block in our team.

Obviously it didn't...

Doesn't really matter to me at all but you brought up the Liverpool thing!

Beating them at Anfield should have theoretically broken a major mental block in our team.

Obviously it didn't...
Yeah thats true, he should of built on it but i think he knew for a while he was going so didnt care

It's a miracle he finished that high with the sad sack players we had

Just look where he had them compared to where Benitez had them
You Kidding? Benitez didnt have the same squad, James had thrown his hand in soon as Carlo left and Siggy had moved on, they were two of his best players, that 12th place was terrible and the 10th wasnt good either

But he was, just because he did top work for other clubs that dosent mean he ws good for us, just look at his final table placings, a terrible Everton manager, as i said yesterday on another thread, the only thing he ever did for us was beat Liverpool in a final with another team
Awful means ‘extremely bad’: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/awful

Finishing 10th, especially from our current perspective is difficult to call extremely bad I’d say - that’s too strong. Below aspirations or mediocre maybe, yes

The results under Benitez and last season in general I believe could be classed as ‘awful’. And Ancelotti leaving us in the lurch at no notice I believe could be classed as awful behaviour

Awful means ‘extremely bad’: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/awful

Finishing 10th, especially from our current perspective is difficult to call extremely bad I’d say - that’s too strong. Below aspirations or mediocre maybe, yes

The results under Benitez and last season in general I believe could be classed as ‘awful’. And Ancelotti leaving us in the lurch at no notice I believe could be classed as awful behaviour
I think a lot has to do with circumstances, if Frank got 10th it was be fantastic, it would be good too just get 12th.

I think this debate on this thread though goes back to how well or poor certain managers used certain players, and what Frank is doing with Iwobi is brilliant, while under previous managers he struggled

I think a lot has to do with circumstances, if Frank got 10th it was be fantastic, it would be good too just get 12th.

I think this debate on this thread though goes back to how well or poor certain managers used certain players, and what Frank is doing with Iwobi is brilliant, while under previous managers he struggled
It is good to see re Iwobi

I was reported as off topic on the Iwobi thread for saying this but one of the reasons perhaps Iwobi is now thriving is that we’ve normalised having a weaker set of players

Before he was alongside Sigurdsson, Richarlison, James, a fit DCL, even Bernard coming off the bench. Allan and Doucoure were seen as decent at that point. This was a side where it was normal to be in the top half

It wouldn’t have been normal practice to bring in the likes of Gray and Townsend or have Gordon as our talisman, but that’s where we’re now at - a position that could take some time to escape from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back