Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iwobi told him to play him centrally. He did for half a game, I thought IwobI looked better there, but it was not tried again. Iwobi received abuse for questioning Carlo. But it now looks like Carlo was failing to make the most of Iwobi!
YMMV but I thought he showed nothing of interest in that central cameo for Carlo as a #10.

Iwobinho was often talked about/up by the back room staff as being one of th best players in training, we all scoffed at that. He has been terrific since FL came in, like a new signing. Now he is showing in games what he apparently showed in training.

Iwobi told him to play him centrally. He did for half a game, I thought IwobI looked better there, but it was not tried again. Iwobi received abuse for questioning Carlo. But it now looks like Carlo was failing to make the most of Iwobi!
He was really good, it was the Burnley game where McNeil did his one useful game ever and Carlo abandoned it because of a screamer. As I said wrong manager for us.

He was really good, it was the Burnley game where McNeil did his one useful game ever and Carlo abandoned it because of a screamer. As I said wrong manager for us.

I mean, some nonsense here. We were 2-0 down and Iwobi hadn’t really done anything. And Carlo was basically a genius for getting this absolutely diabolical squad into the top half of the table. He’s an incredible coach.

However, Iwobi is generally much better in the middle, and you always called that.

I mean, some nonsense here. We were 2-0 down and Iwobi hadn’t really done anything. And Carlo was basically a genius for getting this absolutely diabolical squad into the top half of the table. He’s an incredible coach.

However, Iwobi is generally much better in the middle, and you always called that.
The rot started under Carlo. He gets off easy because the utter mess after him accelerated it like he was running a nuclear test in Chernobyl in 1986.

And I disagree, which I think I said at the time, Iwobi did everything you want a midfielder to do and couldn't also defend for our backline. It was a mistake to not persist with it. I think Carlo being unwilling to see positives in defeat was one of his issues here because there were always going to be defeats. He didn't seem ready to handle that, at least in my opinion.

The rot started under Carlo. He gets off easy because the utter mess after him accelerated it like he was running a nuclear test in Chernobyl in 1986.

And I disagree, which I think I said at the time, Iwobi did everything you want a midfielder to do and couldn't also defend for our backline. It was a mistake to not persist with it. I think Carlo being unwilling to see positives in defeat was one of his issues here because there were always going to be defeats. He didn't seem ready to handle that, at least in my opinion.

Carlo was working with very mediocre players with the exception of James, Richarlison and Digne. He squeezed every drop out of them tbh.

Strong words to say Carlo Ancelotti was an ‘awful’ manager of Everton
But he was, just because he did top work for other clubs that dosent mean he ws good for us, just look at his final table placings, a terrible Everton manager, as i said yesterday on another thread, the only thing he ever did for us was beat Liverpool in a final with another team

But he was, just because he did top work for other clubs that dosent mean he ws good for us, just look at his final table placings, a terrible Everton manager, as i said yesterday on another thread, the only thing he ever did for us was beat Liverpool in a final with another team
He beat Liverpool with us too to be fair...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back