Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Credit where credit it is due, a player I thought had nothing in a skill set that I wanted from a footballer, awful at pressing, could not tackle and his passing and dribbling were terrible. I honestly hated seeing his name on the team sheet. I said on multiple occasions, he will never be a player I want at Everton, I now happily eat humble pie, the lad has improved at a rate I thought was impossible.
Same

Credit where credit it is due, a player I thought had nothing in a skill set that I wanted from a footballer, awful at pressing, could not tackle and his passing and dribbling were terrible. I honestly hated seeing his name on the team sheet. I said on multiple occasions, he will never be a player I want at Everton, I now happily eat humble pie, the lad has improved at a rate I thought was impossible.
I couldn't have put it better myself. He's proved me wrong since lampard came. I just wanted him gone amazing how your confidence as a player can grow with the right approach from the management. Not trying to put all this on lampard taking over the lad has shown a lot resolve turning his form around because he was the worst I'd seen in a blue shirt for some time and for me he's now one of the first names on the teamsheet. Long may his form continue

It’s great that Iwobi is doing well

Part of this of course is that we’ve normalised a situation where we have a number of players who are not as good as we had when we were continually in the top half. So Iwobi has had more of a chance to come to the fore. But he was seen as poorer in that top half team

Gray and Townsend coming in was a step down from the usual quality but something for whatever reason we’ve normalised. Gordon is seen as the new talisman but doesn’t deliver and would have been a bench player if the stars had stayed

The team including the likes of Sigurdsson, James, Richarlison, a fit DCL, even Bernard coming off the bench, was quite different

Financially and football wise the whole Sigurdsson situation was a disaster and I don’t know why it’s not been talked about - never known anything to be so taboo

Last edited:

Part of this of course is that we’ve normalised a situation where we have a number of players who are not as good as we had when we were continually in the top half. So Iwobi has had more of a chance to come to the fore. But he was seen as poorer in that top half team

Gray and Townsend coming in was a step down from the usual quality but something for whatever reason we’ve normalised. Gordon is seen as the new talisman but doesn’t deliver and would have been a bench player if the stars had stayed

The team including the likes of Sigurdsson, James, Richarlison, a fit DCL, even Bernard coming off the bench, was quite different

Financially and football wise the whole Sigurdsson situation was a disaster and I don’t know why it’s not been talked about - never known anything to be so taboo

It’s not taboo it’s called illegal.

It’s not taboo it’s called illegal.
Never known anything else to be treated with such a degree of taboo - many other, worse cases are covered at length in the media

I can understand why the club staff wouldn’t reference it - certainly whilst he was with us

Nothing stopping the fans talking about it - just losing him, unplanned, was a big deal

Never known anything else to be treated with such a degree of taboo - many other, worse cases are covered at length in the media

I can understand why the club staff wouldn’t reference it - certainly whilst he was with us

Nothing stopping the fans talking about it - just losing him, unplanned, was a big deal

Yes there is and the boss has asked us not to on all other similar cases.

He'd have been really good in that team with James but Carlo didn't understand his abilities.

Carlo was an awful manager for our team. He didn't know what to do with a bunch of flawed players.

He'd have been really good in that team with James but Carlo didn't understand his abilities.

Carlo was an awful manager for our team. He didn't know what to do with a bunch of flawed players.
Iwobi told him to play him centrally. He did for half a game, I thought IwobI looked better there, but it was not tried again. Iwobi received abuse for questioning Carlo. But it now looks like Carlo was failing to make the most of Iwobi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back