2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
UNAI EMERY YOU DO NOT HAVE A CLUE ABOUT FOOTBALL YOU FIFA BLERT

He didn't even make the bench at Arsenal. They couldn't wait to get shut of him, and gullible ol' Everton were the only ones lining up to take him!

And now? We couldn't pay anyone to take him!

No offence intended but you definitely don’t…….
Mate one of our biggest issues last season was our inability to score goals. Yes, our forwards were rubbish, but the supply to them was abysmal!

My Iwobi highlights last season were: 2 blammo's and that back heal that McNeil scored off of. I struggle to remember the rest. The rest of my memories are poor decision making... We can do better!

Success at what, providing chances to forwards who cannot put the ball in the net ……..
I don't think he makes the best decisions when it comes to the final ball and he his technique at hitting said ball leaves a lot to be questioned. I don't hate on him as much as some, but he has to be better, we don't have that many clear cut chances.

He didn't even make the bench at Arsenal. They couldn't wait to get shut of him, and gullible ol' Everton were the only ones lining up to take him!

And now? We couldn't pay anyone to take him!

Mate one of our biggest issues last season was our inability to score goals. Yes, our forwards were rubbish, but the supply to them was abysmal!

My Iwobi highlights last season were: 2 blammo's and that back heal that McNeil scored off of. I struggle to remember the rest. The rest of my memories are poor decision making... We can do better!

You can always do better, but we can’t afford Kevin de Bruyne. Or would you rather have that £700,000 a week magician Henderson……

I don't think he makes the best decisions when it comes to the final ball and he his technique at hitting said ball leaves a lot to be questioned. I don't hate on him as much as some, but he has to be better, we don't have that many clear cut chances.

We don’t have enough clear cut chances that our useless forwards can put away. We could create 25 clear cut chances and Maupay and co would still hit the top of the stand…..

You can always do better, but we can’t afford Kevin de Bruyne. Or would you rather have that £700,000 a week magician Henderson……
Mate, if KdB is your bar, than no we'll never do better... 🤣 🤣

But between KdB and Iwobi I'm sure there are loads of better player we can afford!

Or aren't our scouts doing their job? At the very least we should have someone in the squad challenging him for that position!

We don’t have enough clear cut chances that our useless forwards can put away. We could create 25 clear cut chances and Maupay and co would still hit the top of the stand…..
Probably, but we won't know until we create 25 clear cut chances. That's my biggest issue with our creativity, we need better. I am realistic that these players don't grow on trees, but I think the Iwobi experiment hasn't worked. Dacoure did better in that role at the end of last season and it's not even his game.

Iwobi has been played in about 6 different positions and always done a decent job……
Decent, well, I dunno Pete we keep finishing 17th, and are down near the bottom of the table for created chances and goals scored, I don't doubt for a moment Iwobi is trying his hardest, and he gives it a good try, he runs around and pressures well and is capable of some good link up play but the most important killer ball isn't in his locker as reliably as needed. I do think there's a player there but he's run out of time to show it.

Probably, but we won't know until we create 25 clear cut chances. That's my biggest issue with our creativity, we need better. I am realistic that these players don't grow on trees, but I think the Iwobi experiment hasn't worked. Dacoure did better in that role at the end of last season and it's not even his game.

Doucoure is a strange player who can disappear from games or hit a great goal chance as he did for Dobbin which was then completely wasted. Iwobi provides continuous link up play and picks out key passes. I’ll grant you he makes mistakes, as does Doucoure and indeed many midfielders and wingers. For me I rate his on the ball skill and his vision….but hey I’m just an old man who happens to have seen the best players we have ever had over the last half century and more …..

Doucoure is a strange player who can disappear from games or hit a great goal chance as he did for Dobbin which was then completely wasted. Iwobi provides continuous link up play and picks out key passes. I’ll grant you he makes mistakes, as does Doucoure and indeed many midfielders and wingers. For me I rate his on the ball skill and his vision….but hey I’m just an old man who happens to have seen the best players we have ever had over the last half century and more …..
Yeah but Sam Allardyce has also done this, it's not a mark of having a better viewpoint of a player than someone else because you've lived longer 😂

I agree with your assessment of Iwobi, except the key passes bit, which isn't done on a regular enough basis. He's in arguably the most important position in the side, similar to a number 10 in Rugby, if the team plays poorly he will cop more criticism than others because he's in the spotlight, but that's more reason to get this position right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back