Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair although he has been head and shoulders better than he was before lampard took over (not difficult because he was really bad) is he really that good anyway?

Nope. And i always feel he isnt arsed about winning or losing. Its just a job and football funds his lifestyle. Fair enough. But you're in trouble if you get in players like that. As long as he does just enough thats good enough.
Rather have players that it hurts.

He hasn’t the heart for the fight
Also, watched him for the second goal on motd, he kicks the ball against a West Ham player on the edge of their box. It bounces off to Bowen who drives forward releases the ball and then cuts inside to arrive in the box and score.

The overhead pitch view shows him make the laziest stroll/jog back to our goal when we are wide open at the back, simply not good enough.

He is still near the halfway line when they score.

Also, watched him for the second goal on motd, he kicks the ball against a West Ham player on the edge of their box. It bounces off to Bowen who drives forward releases the ball and then cuts inside to arrive in the box and score.

The overhead pitch view shows him make the laziest stroll/jog back to our goal when we are wide open at the back, simply not good enough.

He is still near the halfway line when they score.
He hold his hands up in disbelief instead of running back and made tackles to make up for his mistake.

Both of the stupid goals we conceded up yesterday was started from misplaced pass from our players.

A forward/attacking player who has played over 200 premier league games with a 1 in 12 goal ratio and a 1 in 8 assist ratio.

Nice touches, nice flicks and tricks, can carry the ball but none of it with any real purpose or desire in the final third.

If we can recoup anything for him would sell in an instant and bring in someone with a bit more killer instinct.

A forward/attacking player who has played over 200 premier league games with a 1 in 12 goal ratio and a 1 in 8 assist ratio.

Nice touches, nice flicks and tricks, can carry the ball but none of it with any real purpose or desire in the final third.

If we can recoup anything for him would sell in an instant and bring in someone with a bit more killer instinct.

I think he's finally found a space for himself, but you're right, and now we have to think what next? I know it's late in his career to learn and develop something new, but he definitely needs to add something like assists or goals to his game. I feel like we're finally seeing someone comfortable on the ball, and now what he needs is runners around him. He doesn't have any wingers, full backs attacking midfielders or hard running strikers to aim at, so we are resigned to neat passing football. I would still say one of our players who maybe doesn't fully improve the team on his own, but would improve with better players around him.

What I would give for a Troy Deeney type forward right now, little skiils or pace, but tons and tons of desire and bottle. Iwobi (like almost every Arsenal player of his generation) is all pace no backbone. Infuriatingly, every genuinely fast attacking we get refuses to utilise that pace to get past defenders?

Iwobi is a bottler, we need backbone to get out of this mess. I want a midfield general, no matter how old or slow or the hill as long as he can still frighten the [Poor language removed] out of those around him, we will have the desired effect.

I think he's finally found a space for himself, but you're right, and now we have to think what next? I know it's late in his career to learn and develop something new, but he definitely needs to add something like assists or goals to his game. I feel like we're finally seeing someone comfortable on the ball, and now what he needs is runners around him. He doesn't have any wingers, full backs attacking midfielders or hard running strikers to aim at, so we are resigned to neat passing football. I would still say one of our players who maybe doesn't fully improve the team on his own, but would improve with better players around him.
Agree to an extent. Think he’s better than Gray, McNeil and Gordon but ultimately not good enough - any of them. Had better players around him at Arsenal and started for them most often in one of their worst performing, weakest teams i can remember in 40 years…then they sold him.

Part of one of the worst Arsenal teams in memory and now part of the worst Everton teams.

Had enough chances, the lot of them.

Does appointing Sean Dyche see the end of Alex Iwobi?

I see no room for Iwobi in a 4-4-2 because I'd want Gana & Onana in the two CM positions and we all know that out-wide isn't his best position (to put it politely).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back