Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely don’t think I’ve hated a football player more than Iwobi. It’s one thing having someone like Keane who’s a tragic footballer but he clearly knows he is, Iwobi though clearly thinks he’s some sort of superstar and is truly dreadful.

He’s the Kenwright of the playing squad. The absolute personified symptom of failure and how poor we’ve become as a club. A shameful excuse of a footballer.

“My gardener would be devastated”, not only is he an out of touch knobhead going on about his gardener, why does it matter, you should be devastated you utter dope.

This man drives me up a wall, absolutely stealing a living.

“My gardener would be devastated”, not only is he an out of touch knobhead going on about his gardener, why does it matter, you should be devastated you utter dope.

Playing devil's advocate here - those quotes are taken out of context. I'd read an interview in another paper, where more context is given and he comes accross as being a lot more bothered.

Must admit my first thoughts were about him having a gardner though. How the other half live 🤣. Leaf it out, Alex...

You can tell he will be one of the first wanting to leave should the worst happen. He’s detached from it , you can tell by his choice of words.

His gardener will probably be devastated because he cares.

Posts like this are everything that is wrong with our fanbase, try supporting the players for once, on Sunday we need them and they need us

Playing devil's advocate here - those quotes are taken out of context. I'd read an interview in another paper, where more context is given and he comes accross as being a lot more bothered.

Must admit my first thoughts were about him having a gardner though. How the other half live 🤣. Leaf it out, Alex...
Of course he is bothered, of that there is no doubt, not many players put a shift in like Alex, if the rest of them had his commitment we might not be in this mess

I don’t see anything wrong with what he said. I think he was just making the point that he didn’t want to upset the fans and his gardener is an example of someone that supports him.
There was nothing wrong with, he is a nice guy and has made a valuable contribution this season

What is it with some people these days, do you know these quotes have been edited and some times been taken out of context.
You don't get the tone of voice in text and you don't get body language which are 2 of the biggest ways that we communicate.

Look at the facts, when iwobi puts a blue shirt on he gives 100% and he is always looking for the ball and always looking to make something happen, yes he is not great at it but he never stops, so let's support the lad on Sunday and he could give us a Newcastle moment 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back