2023/24 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
His farewell post strikes me as someone for whom his spell with us was very transactional, (nothing wrong with that btw) feels a little scripted and impersonal imho.
Good luck to him, probably best for all parties in the circumstances.

Basically saying thanks for the grey hairs and stress of it all.

In response I would say if he had scored more goals against bang average sides we wouldn't have been in that position.

Thanks for the Newcastle goal, other than that I struggle to really remember anything of note. Townsend had more highlights in 8 months of being here.

22million for an average player, currently injured, likely out for the ACN and in final year of contract is an absolutely incredible piece of business.
It almost makes the abomination of buying him for 35 million seek not so bad.

The shame of it, for me, is that it took so long to complete yesterday and makes me feel that we happily let it drag on for the funds to mysteriously dissappear come January.

It was £28m plus £8m add ons.

I doubt, given our last 4 years in the league and cups, he triggered them all (if any)

22million for an average player, currently injured, likely out for the ACN and in final year of contract is an absolutely incredible piece of business.
It almost makes the abomination of buying him for 35 million seek not so bad.

The shame of it, for me, is that it took so long to complete yesterday and makes me feel that we happily let it drag on for the funds to mysteriously dissappear come January.
I think a more plausible theory is that Fulham knew we needed the cash in the bank for our own incomings, view us as a potential relegation rival, and didn’t complete the deal til after the deadline so we couldn’t spend the money.

This loss will mean the rest of the squad will individually need to increase their positive engagement by at least 10%.

We should be unified in thanking Alex for his phenomenal work and unquestionable role in keeping us in the prem.

A true legend.💙

I think a more plausible theory is that Fulham knew we needed the cash in the bank for our own incomings, view us as a potential relegation rival, and didn’t complete the deal til after the deadline so we couldn’t spend the money.
Whats more plausible is Ballbag Bill held off with the annoincements till after window closed.

Iwobi was dreadful when he first signed but he was one of our biggest improvements. Over the two years we battled to stay up, he didn't hide like the other cowards and he got stick if something didn't come off. He might not have always got the assists but was always there to try and carve something out. I think it's the wrong time to sell but let's see what Dyche's plan is.

Basically saying thanks for the grey hairs and stress of it all.

In response I would say if he had scored more goals against bang average sides we wouldn't have been in that position.

Thanks for the Newcastle goal, other than that I struggle to really remember anything of note. Townsend had more highlights in 8 months of being here.
I fondly recall his greatest moment in an Everton shirt: managing to run offside at a short corner. Truly innovative.

Not worth what we paid for him, won't be missed.

Just another warm body on big wages, a minor footnote in Everton's history.

The best thing he ever did for us was leaving for good money now rather than for nothing in ten months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back