2023/24 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so. Will be very interesting to see how we set up today, it will answer a lot of questions
Today will answer some questions but we do have to remember Beto has only been here a few days and McNeil and Harrison have been injured and not training when they do come back so I’ll allow for a little while to gel.

We have to win today though, don’t care how it happens, but we really need the three points to go into the break with a little feel good factor.

I have full confidence we won’t miss Iwobi though and McNeil, Harrison, Danjuma, Garner and probably even Dobbin and Young would all be more effective in that RW position.

Today will answer some questions but we do have to remember Beto has only been here a few days and McNeil and Harrison have been injured and not training when they do come back so I’ll allow for a little while to gel.

We have to win today though, don’t care how it happens, but we really need the three points to go into the break with a little feel good factor.

I have full confidence we won’t miss Iwobi though and McNeil, Harrison, Danjuma, Garner and probably even Dobbin and Young would all be more effective in that RW position.
Yep, shame about McNeil and harrison
Need 3 points today

22million for an average player, currently injured, likely out for the ACN and in final year of contract is an absolutely incredible piece of business.
It almost makes the abomination of buying him for 35 million seek not so bad.

The shame of it, for me, is that it took so long to complete yesterday and makes me feel that we happily let it drag on for the funds to mysteriously dissappear come January.

He wanted to go and didn't wait his contract out, which he could have. To be honest, until Lampard, came in I thought he was rubbish. Even now he frustrated me.

The club had to sell, we can't keep going on letting expensive players go on frees.

And the previous season Iwobi contributed massively to our survival with a string of MoM performances.
Iwobi is by far the better footballer of the two,
Doucoure is an awful footballer , his only attribute is the one you accuse Iwobi of , running around a lot .
At least Iwobi can actually control and pass the ball something that totally evades Doucoure.
Ok Iwobis' Dad

And the previous season Iwobi contributed massively to our survival with a string of MoM performances.
Iwobi is by far the better footballer of the two,
Doucoure is an awful footballer , his only attribute is the one you accuse Iwobi of , running around a lot .
At least Iwobi can actually control and pass the ball something that totally evades Doucoure.

We're fighting relegation because of both of them over a full season.
Both poor signings. Esp when you look at the outlay on both.
I seriously couldnt get into a debate over who's worse. We're in this mess because of signings like these two.

Offered little. Got a great price. Although I’m a football fan, not an accountant and it’s unlikely that money will reinvested in players, so him leaving certainly hasn’t made us stronger.

I don't get the hate for him.
Wasn't great for us, but did more than most of the rubbish we bought.
Always fit + available.
Played out of position for most of his time here.
We don't stay up without winner v Newcastle.
Didn't have us off by just sitting right till end of his contract.
Got decent fee for him.
Good luck lad, hope he does well.
Never hid either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back