2023/24 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure and whilst running around a lot do you remember him ever putting in a tackle? He’d just wave a foot in a general direction.

I’ve seen enough from Garner to know he can crunch a tackle and he’s got plenty of energy and then Harrison when he’s back from injury used to play that mad suicide football from Leeds so he’ll have plenty of energy!

The only argument for us losing his running is if we put Gray or Danjuma in there but Dyche will likely favour Harrison right and McNeill left when they’re fit and Danjuma playing off Beto which honestly sounds streets ahead of anything we’ve had in the last couple of years
I hope so. Will be very interesting to see how we set up today, it will answer a lot of questions

I mean, he had more impact than most players just poor end product. The card board cut out reference is miles off

Dont think i have ever disliked a player more in 50 years following Everton. Not sure where you are getting this impact thing from. He ran around a lot. He trains every day to be able to run around. On that btw he only upped that after two years. Possibly under lampard. For his first two he didnt even do that. But im not even buying that. Not sure i ever saw him try and go past a player. I know for a fact i never saw him tackle anyone and mean it. His passing was often woeful. The amount of times he checked back when he had space to attack, completely slowing us down.
Of all the managers he played under here Ancelotti was head and shoulders the most learned and wise to a player. He never ever selected iwobi if he had a full squad to choose from.

Good riddance.

I'll always remember when James played one of his cross field passes and Iwobi tried to control it on the opposite wing.

It went out for a throw in.

In a.bit.

Dont think i have ever disliked a player more in 50 years following Everton. Not sure where you are getting this impact thing from. He ran around a lot. He trains every day to be able to run around. On that btw he only upped that after two years. Possibly under lampard. For his first two he didnt even do that. But im not even buying that. Not sure i ever saw him try and go past a player. I know for a fact i never saw him tackle anyone and mean it. His passing was often woeful. The amount of times he checked back when he had space to attack, completely slowing us down.
Of all the managers he played under here Ancelotti was head and shoulders the most learned and wise to a player. He never ever selected iwobi if he had a full squad to choose from.

Good riddance.
I hope you are right

Iwobi is going to be one of those ‘what if’ players.
Somehow he was our most creative player yet I think about all the misplaced passes, the lung busting sprints to stop 3 yards short and not tackle.
He’s one of them who looks great in a great team, but is unable to improve or drag a a dross team over the line

The key to Iwobi leaving is getting both Harrison and McNeil fit again.
They both have more goals in them than Iwobi.
Pretty sure Danjuma can play on the right of a front 3.
Dyche has never used Iwobi as a central midfield player.
In respect to Iwobi he is industrious , puts a shift in and gives you some creativity.
He is an average premier league player because he doesn't have the football brain to be really top class snd can flatter to deceive .
Its probably why Arsenal let him go.
£22 million for him is good business.

What an amazing deal, cant believe we have managed to recoup 22m.
My thoughts exactly. Instead of people moaning about him not being replaced we should be praising whoever made the deal. I find it incredible tha any club would pay £22m for this guy then realise it was Marco Silva which goes a long way to explain it.

What an amazing deal, cant believe we have managed to recoup 22m.
My thoughts exactly. Instead of people moaning about him not being replaced we should be praising whoever made the deal. I find it incredible tha any club would pay £22m for this guy then realise it was Marco Silva which goes a long way to explain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back