2023/24 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was garbage and we've finally gotten rid of him. If, through lack of squad depth, we sometimes have to fill his position with a cardboard cut-out of Mary Berry, i can't see it making a material difference!
I mean, he had more impact than most players just poor end product. The card board cut out reference is miles off

I mean, he had more impact than most players just poor end product. The card board cut out reference is miles off
He constantly lost the ball and broke down attacks and that’s what the stats don’t show.

Yes he got a few assists, really not many, but more than the other individuals in the worst Everton since pre-Moyes, but we constantly gave him the ball to play blocked passes, hammer it at a man ten yards away with nowhere to go, run down blind alleys and get stuck, send over awful crosses etc.

He played wide right most of his time here and I can’t remember him ever putting over a top cross, even when Dom was here. Garner played half a match wide right with Beto up top and whipped over a perfect ball when Beto hit the post and Garner has played centre midfield almost every game in his career.

I just screenshotted this from an earlier post which really says it all

IMG_1558.webp

Danjuma, McNeil, and Harrison are better players. We got £22mill for him.

However, unless Gray stays, there's a hole.

If Gnonto had signed we'd have been very happy.

Championship level player IMO who's athleticism made him an asset.

He constantly lost the ball and broke down attacks and that’s what the stats don’t show.

Yes he got a few assists, really not many, but more than the other individuals in the worst Everton since pre-Moyes, but we constantly gave him the ball to play blocked passes, hammer it at a man ten yards away with nowhere to go, run down blind alleys and get stuck, send over awful crosses etc.

He played wide right most of his time here and I can’t remember him ever putting over a top cross, even when Dom was here. Garner played half a match wide right with Beto up top and whipped over a perfect ball when Beto hit the post and Garner has played centre midfield almost every game in his career.

View attachment 225588

His only consistent performances came under Lampard - Newcastle, United, even games at right back.

Everything pre and post that...poor to average.

View attachment 225588
Assist stats aren’t a fair representation as how could he have got these any higher when we have no one to score?

Assist stats aren’t a fair representation as how could he have got these any higher when we have no one to score?
A great Devil’s advocate argument to be fair there

If you think we’ll miss him I’m sorry to hear that but I’d have Harrison, McNeil, Garner, Danjuma or Dobbin start over him every game and I’d feel 100% happy about my decision to do so except maybe Dobbin because he’s raw and we don’t know if he’ll make it.

So basically he’d have been my fifth choice at best and apparently we got £22m and saved 100k pw on wages by getting rid.

Before anyone says ‘but we didn’t spend the money’ it’s not really about that as our problem isn’t having cash to spend, it’s that our accounts have been dreadful and the more we do to get them better the quicker we can start to net spend again.

If iwobi,s all round game improves at Fulham then it's down to Silva being a better coach and or being surrounded by better players.

View attachment 225588
It’s his energy we will miss, he covered a lot of grass and supported our dodgy right backs

It’s his energy we will miss, he covered a lot of grass and supported our dodgy right backs
Sure and whilst running around a lot do you remember him ever putting in a tackle? He’d just wave a foot in a general direction.

I’ve seen enough from Garner to know he can crunch a tackle and he’s got plenty of energy and then Harrison when he’s back from injury used to play that mad suicide football from Leeds so he’ll have plenty of energy!

The only argument for us losing his running is if we put Gray or Danjuma in there but Dyche will likely favour Harrison right and McNeill left when they’re fit and Danjuma playing off Beto which honestly sounds streets ahead of anything we’ve had in the last couple of years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back