2023/24 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't hate Iwobs but for 2 years he absolutely stole a living, then he had a decent enough season and a so so 4th Lots of running and workrate but not a lot of quality. At least those last couple of seasons allowed us to claw back on the massive outlay though.

I hope he does well with Fulham apart from when we play them.

Somehow, it always felt like his best moments were too far away from goal.

He had some great moments, with some unbelievable tekkers, but to me it always felt like it never led to anything. Cruyff turns and some mad toe and heel stuff, but it was always in a situation that led to nothing crucial.

OK I understand the fee too good to say no, but no reinvestment is shocking business, what do our supposebly network scouting do. We are so far behind its not even funny.
Lose again this weekend and we are serious trouble after 4 GAMES. But @Zatara thinks is all a great joke

My thoughts on Iwobi are that he is by no means a world beater, let’s be honest if he was he wouldn’t have been here. However he was part of our first eleven, he wasn’t eleventh in the pick, he is probably one of our best five performers. Him not being here is the weakening of the squad. As an aside I would say that Fulham have decided to pay the fee for him and right now I trust Fulham’s decision makers far more than I trust ours. This weakens our pick, has the players we have brought in made us better, as an Evertonian of many years standing I see hope where no hope exists, I believe that the new forwards give us a chance of scoring and scoring will keep us up. We won’t win anything, we will be bottom half, but I think that matches the ambition of our owners and Board, success is staying in the Premier League, not to lose is to win.

God today's game is gonna be tiresome if we don't score, every week will be.

I would like to request his name be added to the word filter.
With Heitinga, Radzinski, Pembridge, Davis (S), who else ended up there on the periphery of London and fittered out?

What a deal.

With a disappointed Palhinha surely fulham will be joining wolves and ourselves in the relegation battle.

Our business has been sensible in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back