2023/24 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d rather see him play for us with Beto and Danjuma in the team, than sell him.

Can’t see him staying now though, him refusing to sign a new deal has put too much pressure on us.

Our offer was also too late - it came at 18 months left on his contract and was poor management once again by the club.

I’d rather see him play for us with Beto and Danjuma in the team, than sell him.

Can’t see him staying now though, him refusing to sign a new deal has put too much pressure on us.

Our offer was also too late - it came at 18 months left on his contract and was poor management once again by the club.

Problem is tho should they have offered it earlier when we were close to relegation?

If its ANYWHERE NEAR 20M, like reported, then we have to say yes.

We were in no position to hand out offers of increased contracts to players. It would have been fairly disastrous if we had gone down.

I weirdly watch football, not stats.

Stats dont paint a true picture.
So do I, and from watching him play football he frustrates more than he delivers - but he still delivers.

Being crap some of the time is not the same as being crap all of the time.

He’s not simple to replace. That’s the reality of it.

You’d have offered him a new contract on £100k a week when he was stinking Goodison Park out under Benitez?

Problem is tho should they have offered it earlier when we were close to relegation?

If its ANYWHERE NEAR 20M, like reported, then we have to say yes.
In my view we should have offered it and had it agreed at the end of the previous season, when his form was key to keeping us up.

If he didn’t have a year left on his deal, £15-20m would be poor value for us, but in reality it is what it is and we can’t let him leave for free.

You’d have offered him a new contract on £100k a week when he was stinking Goodison Park out under Benitez?
No, I would have offered it to him last summer.

He was our third best player at the time behind Richarlison and Pickford.

Status
Not open for further replies.