2023/24 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
People have proper short memories of this fraud taking the piss out of us for his first two years here

He's still doing it now. If i was the opposition manager in the build up to an Everton game id be drilling it into them. Tackle iwobi. He wont tackle you back. Its guarenteed possession back. He'll do that little shuffling run pretending he's busy. Dont worry about that. He wont challenge a single one of you. Fullbacks. Just growl at him. He wont dare even try to go past you. Let him do those tippy tappy 5 yard passes. He aint gona hurt us.

Is there a reason he doesn't score any goals? Simple answers only please.
Scoring goals would lead to an expectation being placed on him to score more goals, and that would require him to put in maximum effort. Seeing as he's only put in maximum effort for about 4 months in 4 years, that's just simply not realistic.

If he goes, we have Dele. He has the opportunity to replace him in the squad without missing a beat, offering a better goal threat. It appears to be we are still interested in wingers, which means Iwobi wouldn't be in the thinking for a wing place anyway, and i dont think he's a centre mid, so i dnt know where he really fits in anyway. Getting any money back on him, when i expected him to walk for nothing like most of the expensive signings from that era, I'd call that almost a success story by comparison, and I'd wish him well.

Status
Not open for further replies.