2021/22 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do need new players for central midfield and given his age Allan is not a long term prospect.
However, the manager will know that you simply cannot change half a team overnight.

I could see Allan go in the summer but most unlikely half way through a season.
RB has not preferred Tom Davies at any stage, Delph is completely unreliable because of injury, Gomes is good in a three but very limited in a two man midfied, Onyango is still untested although certainly one for the future.... and that leaves Doucoure.

I think we may well sign a player... probably Longstaff but I doubt if we will see anybody leave.

People forgetting how good he was when he first arrived, especially playing in a 3 with the duke and James, plus then he had the injury problems.

Even though his forms dipped (not the only one by any stretch) he's still one our best midfielders.

Madness to consider unlessletting him go, unless we are getting a player with real quality, pace and personality in.

Who's the replacement - longstaff.....

Not a chance Allan is going on loan in this transfer window, that story is complete rubbish. Why would we loan a player, who is basically first name on the team sheet? Also we have a shortage of available players in that area?

If it was a sale and we were going to sell him for £25m and buy 2 players then I could see it. But loan, no chance.

Load of rubbish as if we’d loan out a first team player. In an area of the team we’re weak in.
Unless it’s a loan and an obligation for 15mil in the summer. Then that’s different

….we are in a perilous situation, even if there was a decent fee involved loaning him out would be a major risk. I can’t see this being entertained.

Status
Not open for further replies.