2021/22 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was really impressed with him in his first couple of games but after that I think he was found out and even targeted to an extent because he's so easy to drag out of position. He's a good player and every now and again he plays really well but he hasn't been a good signing for us in my opinion he hasn't really made the midfield any better than it was overall and I would have thought that was really easy.

I know where your coming from - when he's on it, with the Duke and one other in the right system, I think he's class. Sadly, we haven't played to his strengths since Benitez has been manager, but regardless, for me he's still one of our better CMS and I don't get that we should be looking to loan him out - plenty of dross ahead of him to get booted prior to that.

Unless we are getting a proper quality player in to replace it doesn't make any sense.

To me, this is a player we need to get rid of. It's been a long time since Allan peaked, and he's fallen like a rock. Possibly he can do an ok job in Serie A, but I doubt it. Do not get me wrong, I like Allan. He was fantastic in his role under Sarri, but the qualities he had as a slave for Jorginho are long gone.

Crikey, I thought we were well past those days

And in those games we were conceding 2 goals a game so the midfield probably wasn't dominating as much as it is in peoples memories.

Spurs was the only game I'd say we were dominant and very solid. We were shaky against West brom until they went down to 10, we conceded a couple against Brighton and then after the international break we were pretty awful. Ancelotti sensibly changed the tactics to be more defensive and results picked up again.

Anyway, a loan still makes absolutely no sense and I hope it's only a rumour

Last edited:
James never played in a 3, he played wide right. Gomes Doucoure Allan was midfield in those games, like at Spurs.

To be honest he had a few good games and that was it. I've not been impressed by Allan for a long time.

Sorry, you're correct.

My point was more about the system and needing 3 in the middle to get the best from Allan (and the Duke).

Also, I just like reminding myself that James did play for Everton and we had some decent results and performances once upon a time....

Sorry, you're correct.

My point was more about the system and needing 3 in the middle to get the best from Allan (and the Duke).

Also, I just like reminding myself that James did play for Everton and we had some decent results and performances once upon a time....
I enjoyed it too, but it was far too infrequent for what we need right now. We are nowhere near good enough for a bit part luxury player

For me, the question becomes, can we get a player who costs far less to do the same job, or preferably better, than Allan? Alternatively, can we get a player who costs about the same and who can do a significantly better job than Allan? For me, the answer is yes to both questions.
Name names, Egil. Longstaff?

Status
Not open for further replies.