Almost got em -players that were linked with Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rune Hauge was the agent. Weird how a name sticks in your head for no real reason.

Johnson was an idiot. Imagine how much he would be fuming if he was around when we signed Delph?
What's interesting about this thread and the lowest point as an Evertonian one is, a lot of them are under Johnson and Moshiri, interesting that.

Worst owner in our history.

We were blessed that season Joe left, we just had enough quality, but we dropped like a stone and Waggy was a bit at sea to my mind.
It was a mad few years, we went from really bad to pretty good and then just plumeted again. I always remember the Derby game that season where we won 1-0 at Pride Park and looked like making a proper top six pushand then didnt win again for ages.

Wonder what could have been if we managed to qualify for Europe the season before? 9 minutes away from qualifying and then Arsenal scored a late winner in their game. Any other year 6th would have been enough to qualify for the UEFA but England lost a place due to Wimbledon and Sheffield Wednesday playing weakened teams in the Intertoto cup!

I was going to mention this too but I thought we turned to Sharp only after we failed on Rush? Not that we wanted both at the same time since we still had Latchford? Could be wrong like
We did sign him !

32BBD54000000578-3518821-image-a-6_1459505583977.jpg

Worst owner in our history he says.

Last trophy winning owner.

If only everybody after was as bad hey.
Oh aye yeah I remember him rising like a salmon to header in the goal at Wembley.

To be fair it started well for Johnson but once he started the DJ Spuddles, Bad Moon Rising and giving Nigel Martyn directions to Ellend Road it was only a matter of time before some scally was surfing on the back of his car.

Oh aye yeah I remember him rising like a salmon to header in the goal at Wembley.

To be fair it started well for Johnson but once he started the DJ Spuddles, Bad Moon Rising and giving Nigel Martyn directions to Ellend Road it was only a matter of time before some scally was surfing on the back of his car.
I got my Cup Final tickets from him and also got pictures with the FA Cup in his office.

Best owner we ever had.

It was a mad few years, we went from really bad to pretty good and then just plumeted again. I always remember the Derby game that season where we won 1-0 at Pride Park and looked like making a proper top six pushand then didnt win again for ages.

Wonder what could have been if we managed to qualify for Europe the season before? 9 minutes away from qualifying and then Arsenal scored a late winner in their game. Any other year 6th would have been enough to qualify for the UEFA but England lost a place due to Wimbledon and Sheffield Wednesday playing weakened teams in the Intertoto cup!

What a memory you have mate, I remember it all now you mention it, weirdly I think I remember that Derby game, I think McGrath was playing for Derby, was it a Mon night. I remember Wimbledon and Sheff Weds too, was their an intertoto then….

Joe was the right manager at the right time and you could see he was building and the place was in a groove, he won the cup and stayed up on his man management and spirt alone despite Johnson. Despite tanking in Europe the following season - I think it was the cup winners cup, we went out against a Dutch team - we looked to be heading somewhere and it all fell apart then, after Waggy it was Howard again and the John Oster reveloution wasn’t it!

What a memory you have mate, I remember it all now you mention it, weirdly I think I remember that Derby game, I think McGrath was playing for Derby, was it a Mon night. I remember Wimbledon and Sheff Weds too, was their an intertoto then….

Joe was the right manager at the right time and you could see was building and the place was in a groove, he won the cup and stayed up on his man management and spirt alone despite Johnson. Despite tanking in Europe the following season - I think it was the cup winners cup, we went out against a Dutch team - we looked to be heading somewhere all fell apart then, after Waggy it was Howard again and the John Oster reveloution wasn’t it!
Didn't Joe have a bit of a tiff with the local rag and ban journos, then try to resign who he'd sold cos his replacements weren't listening? Then certain promises from the agent went awry and it was downhill like an elephant on roller skates from there...?

Status
Not open for further replies.