Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.

I mean just to correct the record, over the past 5 years on transfermarkt we have net spent 130m. West Hams figure is well over 300m in the same period. As he says though "they never learn".

Worth noting, the deal is not 40m for Onana, nor are we paying 100k pw (or the 130k pw as we saw suggested last week).

Reports from Belgium seemed to suggest 60k pw, which sort of fits in with the new robust wage structure we have.

Reports also seem to suggest 25-29m down with add ons to 34m ish. There looks to be a 20% sell on any profit made (that may well be what the add on is, or on addition to any add ons).

Either way, a few factual errors in there.

Yeah, I think Belgium has three official languages and I think most everyone learns English so you're off to a heck of a start.
We do have 3 official languages indeed, but German is a very small one and only spoken in a very small part of the country. You would learn either French or flemish from a very young age depending if you're in a French speaking or flemish speaking school and English is also taught quite early...there is also a lot of immigration so chances are that you then learn another language at home. I guess that in europe we do not see any language superior to another one so learning languages is just something that has to be done especially as you'll end up probably moving around quite a bit. Amadou would have played in Germany quite a bit so he would have learn German at the same time...the rest he learned in Belgium and at home in Senegal growing up.

I mean just to correct the record, over the past 5 years on transfermarkt we have net spent 130m. West Hams figure is well over 300m in the same period. As he says though "they never learn".

Worth noting, the deal is not 40m for Onana, nor are we paying 100k pw (or the 130k pw as we saw suggested last week).

Reports from Belgium seemed to suggest 60k pw, which sort of fits in with the new robust wage structure we have.

Reports also seem to suggest 25-29m down with add ons to 34m ish. There looks to be a 20% sell on any profit made (that may well be what the add on is, or on addition to any add ons).

Either way, a few factual errors in there.
I suspect we're adopting a wages model like spurs had - lower basic salary but heavy incentives in top.

Smart system as if you underperform your wages stay manageable, if you over perform the wages increase considerably for those contributing to that which is then counter balanced out by finishing position money increasing and various sponsorship deals that hsve incentives kicking in extra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back