2023/24 Amadou Onana

He scored a valuable goal on Saturday to win us points.

That's the most important thing.

He’s perpetuated ‘Everton that’ and the idea that somehow some way we don’t get over the line in big moments. That could be more damaging than any lost points in the long run for the club. What’s doubly criminal is that had he scored we would have shaken off some of that mentality and bounced into the Dpurs game thinking we were unbeatable. A massive massive step backwards.

Still dont kno why he was on it have no problem players stepping up and missing. That was nust a lazy over confident pen, also wtf is garner not on that pen

His ego took over unfortunately
Think this is the kind of stuff that winds people up the most. Genuinely why I disliked Iwobi so much when he was here, it’s one thing when a player has a very visible ego, it’s another when they can’t back it up. I cannot hack crap players acting like they’re big time ballers.

Now this was a moment of madness from Onana and something he can learn from I hope. Players like Iwobi and Gordon though just here let the ego take over and frankly it was a big reason I was delighted to see the back of them. I hope that doesn’t turn into the same case with Onana, and I don’t think it will. He’s a far more intelligent lad than those two, even combined.

His ego took over unfortunately

Which is why the incoming flack and banter from football fans and journo's on social media is the only way the boy will learn as unfortunate as that is for him.

Amadou is fortunate he isn't playing for one of the elite sides as that type of Karius moment at the highest level can end a boys career.

No football fan should get angry with a player missing a penalty kick, Gana missed but at least he had a go. Onana wanted to make it all about him with the Bruno Fernandes stutter and cost himself, his team mates, manager and fans.