2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s why Onana will go for £80 mil to a champions league club and garner may go to a villa for 35mil. Personally think we keep garner and maybe he moves on at 28/29 when he has a year or two left on his deal. Onana is already a Belgium regular, how far is garner away from the England squad, never mind the team
Fair enough but Onana wouldn’t be making the England side either, a non playing Phillips would get in ahead of him more on Southgate than anyone else tho.

That’s why Onana will go for £80 mil to a champions league club and garner may go to a villa for 35mil. Personally think we keep garner and maybe he moves on at 28/29 when he has a year or two left on his deal. Onana is already a Belgium regular, how far is garner away from the England squad, never mind the team
Garner and Onana have fairly similar numbers across all areas this season. The International comparison is a bit silly really as Belgium are very prgressive in their setup and look to integrate their under21's constantly whereas we have Southgate who just plays his favourites all the time, Garner also was part of a winning under21 Euro's team where he played out of position the whole tournament, and he played well there. I find this a bit of a daft comparison tbh as both have been key to what we have done this season.

Harry Maguire went for 80mil is he at Hansen’s level or Tony Adams and John Terry. Levels have nothing to do what a club will pay for you
I’m not talking about fees just comparing players to top players when they aren’t even close. And I’ve always thought maguires price was ridiculous did OK at Leicester was never going to end well at united.

Garner and Onana have fairly similar numbers across all areas this season. The International comparison is a bit silly really as Belgium are very prgressive in their setup and look to integrate their under21's constantly whereas we have Southgate who just plays his favourites all the time, Garner also was part of a winning under21 Euro's team where he played out of position the whole tournament, and he played well there. I find this a bit of a daft comparison tbh as both have been key to what we have done this season.
Yep, I think its okay to like both players and not use Garner to hate on Onana, they also seem to function best alongside each other.

We have to consider the way we currently play, our midfielders dont really get much of the ball to creatve too much, or dictate our tempo.

Dyche system just uses them as runners / blockers and to hold shape.

I would say he is wasted in this system and we could get a much less gifted player and would not see too much of a drop off.

Some of his Belgium games he looks a completely different players, and I would expect him to be unreal in a team that lets is midfielders get on the ball.
Add his size, and pace into it too and you have a player that ticks every single box, he could go right ot the top, easily.

Fans wont see past what they see on the pitch, and thats fine - but their is a much much bigger picture, and Onana is linked with everyone of the big boys.

If we had one of those 2, and Onana at those teams....you would be saying the same thing.
Maybe who knows, no doubt Onana or any of our players would look better in another side, I can only go off what I’ve seen and as an individual he doesn’t stand out in what’s a poor side. Expectations are so low that an average game on here gets blown out of proportion. Again it’s all opinions but across several other platforms I’m glad I’m not alone in thinking he’s an OK player and others don’t get the hype either time will tell, either way if he is to be this superstar people mention was never going to be here anyway, I’d give it another season then cash in on him but unfortunately we aren’t in a position for that so any decent offers and he will be off anyway.

We have to consider the way we currently play, our midfielders dont really get much of the ball to creatve too much, or dictate our tempo.

Dyche system just uses them as runners / blockers and to hold shape.

I would say he is wasted in this system and we could get a much less gifted player and would not see too much of a drop off.

Some of his Belgium games he looks a completely different players, and I would expect him to be unreal in a team that lets is midfielders get on the ball.
Add his size, and pace into it too and you have a player that ticks every single box, he could go right ot the top, easily.

Fans wont see past what they see on the pitch, and thats fine - but their is a much much bigger picture, and Onana is linked with everyone of the big boys.
Got to agree regarding dyches system and I’ve said it as a team we work, individually most our players are pretty poor and agree Onana probably would look better but that said can only go off what we see every week and generally it’s pretty average, such a “superior” player should be standing out and he doesn’t.

He has said that a year back that he had opportunities to move (i think Chelsea).

So its "silly" to compare older top players level when they were the same age as Onana?

Or is it a valuable comparison to determine what level Onana may reach in future seasons?

Hahahahaha
So you think he said he had a chance to move to Chelsea twelve months ago, that’s six months after he came here when he was doing next to nothing in games? I think that would be very surprising Zat!

I’m not knocking garner who is a good player and done well for us, but there’s no doubt Onana will go to another level, club and international wise, let’s wait and see

Maybe who knows, no doubt Onana or any of our players would look better in another side, I can only go off what I’ve seen and as an individual he doesn’t stand out in what’s a poor side. Expectations are so low that an average game on here gets blown out of proportion. Again it’s all opinions but across several other platforms I’m glad I’m not alone in thinking he’s an OK player and others don’t get the hype either time will tell, either way if he is to be this superstar people mention was never going to be here anyway, I’d give it another season then cash in on him but unfortunately we aren’t in a position for that so any decent offers and he will be off anyway.

Its sound mate, and we all have our opinions...nobody is wrong really

But, you are doing the same with Garner, and I feel many fans go OTT on his games. He can turn in a 6/10 and just be left alone.....Onana gives the same and everyone fumes and starts to want rid.

I like Garner alot, I have a United ST holder mate that was gutted he left, and would ave him back.

Same mate also wants Onana, Branthwaite & Pickfordf too!!!lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back