2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
£50m for Onana seems fine on the whole, I suspect we’ll be able to replace him well. But we did pay £33m and he has a sell on fee of 20% based on an old article I just read. That would give us a whopping £7m profit which is hardly worth writing home about.
20% of any profit, I believe, so more like £13.6m

something something amortised book value something?

£50m for Onana seems fine on the whole, I suspect we’ll be able to replace him well. But we did pay £33m and he has a sell on fee of 20% based on an old article I just read. That would give us a whopping £7m profit which is hardly worth writing home about.

He’s been here 2 years of his deal already so his book value will be less than whatever we paid for him.

He could turn out a great player in a couple of years, but he's not producing what we need a this moment in time so 50m or thereabouts and I'd sell.

I used to get annoyed at posters underrating our players (Branthwaite being a case in point) but now it's become so ridiculous that I have to laugh.

Arsenal, United, Chelsea, Bayern and Barca are interested...

..."He's awful, hasn't improved, £50mil is a good deal"

I'm certain those views automatically upgrade several posters to being far more knowledgeable than some of the best clubs in Europe's management and scouting networks.

Lavia £58mil fee...Onana £50mil yes that sounds about right.

What amazing judgement.

I used to get annoyed at posters underrating our players (Branthwaite being a case in point) but now it's become so ridiculous that I have to laugh.

Arsenal, United, Chelsea, Bayern and Barca are interested...

..."He's awful, hasn't improved, £50mil is a good deal"

I'm certain those views automatically upgrade several posters to being far more knowledgeable than some of the best clubs in Europe's management and scouting networks.

Lavia £58mil fee...Onana £50mil yes that sounds about right.

What amazing judgement.

A problem with Onana though is that he's not a key player for us or Dyche. That skews the value a tad despite his quality.

£50m for a player on the Everton bench. Who’d have thought it! He’s shown glimpses of talent and maybe in a different side he’ll fulfill his potential but I’d be snapping their hands off just to get back what was paid, anything else is a bonus.

A problem with Onana though is that he's not a key player for us or Dyche. That skews the value a tad despite his quality.

If we changed manager to one that uses a deep midfielder then that would change.

Says alot about Dyche.

£50m for a player on the Everton bench. Who’d have thought it! He’s shown glimpses of talent and maybe in a different side he’ll fulfill his potential but I’d be snapping their hands off just to get back what was paid, anything else is a bonus.

Well, you'd have thought it! You have thought it!

False of course as he isnt on the bench :)

I am very happy to read your thoughts on his potential fee...I am sure a super club will offer you a job soon, such are your insights.

If we changed manager to one that uses a deep midfielder then that would change.

Says alot about Dyche.

I am very happy to read your thoughts on his potential fee...I am sure a super club will offer you a job soon, such are your insights.
No need to be rude. And he was benched for the run in until we were safe so not false but fact.

No need to be rude. And he was benched for the run in until we were safe so not false but fact.

I'm not being rude :o

It takes a certain mind to determine a superior player, at a superior club is worth less than another who was sold for £8mil more than you're quoting :)

If Lavia was £58mil then its surely common sense to look at a higher figure. You then have Rice and Caicedo at £115mil and there should be a barometer set between them.

Says alot about Dyche.

You had him £100m-£120m. How’s that going? Have we received any official bids? Not this ‘interested’ BS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back