2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he needs to believe how good he can be. When we beat Arsenal at home last season he made one brilliant, driving run from the half way line, leaving a defender chasing thin air and put in a great cross that nearly led to a goal. It stands out in my mind because he hasn’t done it again. He should be doing that all the time, I just don’t think he believes himself enough. He should dominate most opposition we play against.

I just thought he was our best midfielder.
Did he dominate or grab the game by the scruff of the neck like you would expect against Doncaster? The team propping up the whole football league.

after a decent first couple of months of his Everton career, he’s not really done anything to make you think he’s going to be anything special has he?

Did he dominate or grab the game by the scruff of the neck like you would expect against Doncaster? The team propping up the whole football league.

after a decent first couple of months of his Everton career, he’s not really done anything to make you think he’s going to be anything special has he?

None of our players did, and we dont set up up that way. But for a 21 year old, he was our best midfielder in my view.

He got on the ball, shielded it well with his body and made some nice passes. Nothing eye catching but he played ok. Hard to judge players when you have players like Keane and Godfrey behind you and playing passes to you. He definitely has talent.
As you say nothing eye catching did ok but against Doncaster you’d expect and like to see more as I do most weeks against premier league opposition. Again hard to judge with a team full of below average premier league players and some not even premier league players but if Onana was as good as people mention you’d see him standing out every week and he doesn’t I’d actually prefer to do a straight swap for mctominay

We needed one of these free spending clubs to come in early in the window and spunk £70m on Onana so we would’ve had some money.
Yes definitely but that’s like saying we need someone to come in and pay £30m for Keane that’s not happening either cause neither are worth them amounts.

I thought he was the best player over the 90 minutes tonight. Obviously Beto also did well and Danjuma scored a nice goal but I thought over the 90 mins, Onana was the MotM

As you say nothing eye catching did ok but against Doncaster you’d expect and like to see more as I do most weeks against premier league opposition. Again hard to judge with a team full of below average premier league players and some not even premier league players but if Onana was as good as people mention you’d see him standing out every week and he doesn’t I’d actually prefer to do a straight swap for mctominay
Different types of players, McTominay is a box to box midfielder I’d say Onana prefers to play deeper the majority of the time and occasionally gets forward. McTominay it’s the opposite, he much prefers getting forward and occasionally drops deeper

Different types of players, McTominay is a box to box midfielder I’d say Onana prefers to go missing the majority of the time and occasionally gets forward. McTominay it’s the opposite, he much prefers getting forward and occasionally drops deeper
Fixed it for you 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back