2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton could be set for some major financial benefits with star midfielder Amadou Onana set to feature at the forefront of Belgium’s plans in future.

Guardian journalist Will Unvin, writing for the UK publication on 6 September shared that the 22-year-old maestro is set to form an “exciting” part of Belgium’s new generation that will be at the forefront of Belgium’s future qualifying campaigns and international tournaments.

Onana has become a key figure under new Belgium boss Domenico Tedesco and has gone on to make seven senior appearances for his country since his international bow in June 2022.

And Unvin writing for The Guardian wrote that Onana is one of the most crucial assets of Belgium’s exciting new setup alongside Manchester City’s summer signing Jeremy Doku and shares that the former LOSC Lille man is set to form a pivotal part of the international scene for years to come, which Everton could certainly benefit from.

“The Red Devils cannot afford to look back at their absent legends, instead they should focus on an exciting collection of young players, such as Charles De Ketelaere, Johan Bakayoko and Amadou Onana, who will be at the forefront of a number of upcoming qualifying campaigns.”

The Belgian international joined Goodison Park in a big-money £33m move last summer and has swiftly become a star player and an instant hit amongst the Everton support despite the Toffees narrowly escaping relegation on the Premier League final day last season.

As a result of his swift emergence on the scene in the English top-flight and his showstopping performances in a rather disastrous Everton team, Onana has been attracting plenty of interest from the Premier League’s elite.

The former LOSC Lille midfielder had been linked with various clubs this summer, with Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag interested in bringing the Belgian to Old Trafford last month as he wished to add some physicality to his midfield [TheGuardian, 14 August].

The Belgian had also been linked with Chelsea and Liverpool which certainly sent the Everton pulses racing over a disastrous exit that the club desperately did not want despite the hefty fee they may well have received.

The Daily Mail reported on 11 July that the Toffees were under pressure to sell the 22-year-old midfielder, who starred during the 2022/23 season, because of the club’s considerable financial constraints, which was further blighted by the considerable funding of their new Bramley-Moor Dock Stadium development and the FFP pressures Everton are embroiled under.

No such transfers materialised over the summer which will have came as some major relief to manager Sean Dyche, especially with the club undertaking some crucial business in the end.

Onana’s decision to remain arguably represents Everton’s best business all summer but it’s certainly only a matter of time before one of the big clubs actually successfully snap him in future and his international pedigree for Belgium may well prove a blessing in disguise for the Blues.

Should Onana star for Belgium in the near future, the Toffees could certainly be boosted by a significant increase on his reported £60m price tag in future but should he somehow stay at Goodison Park, the club could be helped by merchandise and shirt sales as a result of the midfielder’s rise within the international scene.

It was vitally important the Toffees made their stance on his future clear as he is hugely important to what Dyche is trying to build at Goodison Park. It’s unlikely the club will have found another player like Onana so they simply had to keep him for this summer at least.

But his club and international development over the coming campaign could reap major rewards for the club in the long haul.
"Showstopping performances "

Pfftt. I can't think of one game which he dominated.

Everton could be set for some major financial benefits with star midfielder Amadou Onana set to feature at the forefront of Belgium’s plans in future.

Guardian journalist Will Unvin, writing for the UK publication on 6 September shared that the 22-year-old maestro is set to form an “exciting” part of Belgium’s new generation that will be at the forefront of Belgium’s future qualifying campaigns and international tournaments.

Onana has become a key figure under new Belgium boss Domenico Tedesco and has gone on to make seven senior appearances for his country since his international bow in June 2022.

And Unvin writing for The Guardian wrote that Onana is one of the most crucial assets of Belgium’s exciting new setup alongside Manchester City’s summer signing Jeremy Doku and shares that the former LOSC Lille man is set to form a pivotal part of the international scene for years to come, which Everton could certainly benefit from.

“The Red Devils cannot afford to look back at their absent legends, instead they should focus on an exciting collection of young players, such as Charles De Ketelaere, Johan Bakayoko and Amadou Onana, who will be at the forefront of a number of upcoming qualifying campaigns.”

The Belgian international joined Goodison Park in a big-money £33m move last summer and has swiftly become a star player and an instant hit amongst the Everton support despite the Toffees narrowly escaping relegation on the Premier League final day last season.

As a result of his swift emergence on the scene in the English top-flight and his showstopping performances in a rather disastrous Everton team, Onana has been attracting plenty of interest from the Premier League’s elite.

The former LOSC Lille midfielder had been linked with various clubs this summer, with Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag interested in bringing the Belgian to Old Trafford last month as he wished to add some physicality to his midfield [TheGuardian, 14 August].

The Belgian had also been linked with Chelsea and Liverpool which certainly sent the Everton pulses racing over a disastrous exit that the club desperately did not want despite the hefty fee they may well have received.

The Daily Mail reported on 11 July that the Toffees were under pressure to sell the 22-year-old midfielder, who starred during the 2022/23 season, because of the club’s considerable financial constraints, which was further blighted by the considerable funding of their new Bramley-Moor Dock Stadium development and the FFP pressures Everton are embroiled under.

No such transfers materialised over the summer which will have came as some major relief to manager Sean Dyche, especially with the club undertaking some crucial business in the end.

Onana’s decision to remain arguably represents Everton’s best business all summer but it’s certainly only a matter of time before one of the big clubs actually successfully snap him in future and his international pedigree for Belgium may well prove a blessing in disguise for the Blues.

Should Onana star for Belgium in the near future, the Toffees could certainly be boosted by a significant increase on his reported £60m price tag in future but should he somehow stay at Goodison Park, the club could be helped by merchandise and shirt sales as a result of the midfielder’s rise within the international scene.

It was vitally important the Toffees made their stance on his future clear as he is hugely important to what Dyche is trying to build at Goodison Park. It’s unlikely the club will have found another player like Onana so they simply had to keep him for this summer at least.

But his club and international development over the coming campaign could reap major rewards for the club in the long haul.
Oh great the club has the potential to earn a tidy profit that will not be reinvested in the club and pocketed by inept moshiri because he can't operate a club

I didnt know he had a £72 mill caluse?

Below is from Phillipe Albert.

"Physically Amadaou is a monster and technically he also has quality," he said via SportWitness.

"I am very surprised that no one paid his €85million (£72m) clause.

"When I see how easily Chelsea spend the money to buy anything and everything, I find it very strange that they don’t buy a player like Onana for less than €100 million."

"Physically Amadaou is a monster and technically he also has quality," he said via SportWitness.

"When I see how easily Chelsea spend the money to buy anything and everything, I find it very strange that they don’t buy a player like Onana for less than €100 million."
That's cos he doesn't.

Needs to be played as a 6. We’re still trying to crowbar our best available players into the team by playing them in positions that don’t suit them.

Right now the only way Onana, Garner & Gana can work effectively in the same team is if Garner is at RB with Onana at 6 to get on the ball more & Gana allowed to go ball hunting.

A monster that got bodied a few times by some Doncaster thugs

Played in his normal position again for Belgium. Yet, not used there by Dyche.

Oddly, Dyche seems to be insistent on not having an actual #6 in his team despite the clear gaps it creates between defense and midfield by not having one. Gana has also not been deployed there in a traditional fashion.

Could that be the Premier League is the toughest League in the world and its possible he lacks the tactical discipline at his age for such a tough position?

Its not like we play Azebijan or whoever.
Literally about to say the same thing some of the touches he would of lost possession of the ball in the prem he did nothing that impressive in that club moved the ball well that’s about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back