2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn’t agree more, the Brighton way of doing things is the way to go, I thought the Gnonto deal was a smokescreen and a non goer from the off, Thelwell seems to be a lot more conservative with his buys and hopefully we will not be wasting huge amounts on players with ridiculous wages and long contracts.
We are miles away from that model. We go looking for a player and come back with Young...

Its better than big bucks for a player we can count on not to improve and doesnt perform NOW.

I think he is improving tho, which is good.

This. I don’t think signing “prem proven” or “ finished article” is what we should be doing as our recruitment is terrible and when they don’t perform we can sell them.

Taking a chance on younger players is the only way we will progress imo.

We just have to improve our scouting and ability to improve players.

If he had signed Haaland when we had the chance I am 99% certain he would be nowhere near the player he is now.

We have to get the reputation for progressing young players, like Ajax, Dortmund etc … even like Brighton.

We need to make sure they have a clear pathway to the first team and a proven track record of giving youth a chance.

That way, when we are sitting down with a 15 year old and his parents , we can show them case studies and examples of previous youth players and hopefully that will enable us to attract the best young players in the country , Europe and eventually the planet.

We are miles away from that model. We go looking for a player and come back with Young...
Yes Young is a buy, even free, we are forced to accept because of the state the club is in financially, at the moment beggars can’t be choosers and it’s possible Dyche has brought him into the club because of his experience, there are definitely hardly any characters in the squad take away Seamus and Tarkowski, and Young might give some advice on the field to the younger players, it looks like Beto could be another character as well as a good physical player to bring some fear into the oppositio.

IMG_6610.webp

Lukaku has been a top level striker in his day.

Considering you claim below average youngsters to be special it's a bit of a shock.

This isn't the place to discuss this but if you could show where I've ever said that any current Everton player is special then that'd be magic cheers

Litterally magic as I've never said any such thing

Even todays Belgium would beat this Everton team

This isn't the place to discuss this but if you could show where I've ever said that any current Everton player is special then that'd be magic cheers

Litterally magic as I've never said any such thing

Even todays Belgium would beat this Everton team

Lukaku's record at 21 years of age was unreal.

Unlike some fraud at the minute.

Well played Onana on a great performance today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back