2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
To think, some people will lap this up

Oh dear not the time for a rallying cry is it.

Ah, a rallying cry. How I've missed these. Reminds me of those halcyon days of Phil Neville or Alan Stubbs talking a lot in the days leading up to a big game about what we were going to do.

And then we lost.

#goodtimes

What i took from it was that he's happy playing as a box to box (as Dyche has been using him there) but hes an anchor and hes underlining that to the manager.

What i took from it was that he's happy playing as a box to box (as Dyche has been using him there) but hes an anchor and hes underlining that to the manager.
From what I have seen hes not doing either , there was an Arsenal attack second half that we just kept out and he came strolling back into our box not busting a lung to get back in just strolling

From what I have seen hes not doing either , there was an Arsenal attack second half that we just kept out and he came strolling back into our box not busting a lung to get back in just strolling

Strolling...or gliding lol

He had his usual game for Everton yesterday and as usual he wasn’t very good.

"As usual" so youre saying he wasnt good in the other games this season...

He beat a defender to the ball today, the defender was left retreating to regain his position and was caught square. Onana got to the ball, slowed his pace and played a quite horrendous ball.out wide to a player that was marked.
A player with any nous whatsoever in that positions presses at the defender and give him a decision to make. Worst case you lose the ball, so what, we lost it anyway. Best case you get round him and have space 18yds out. Middle of that is that he's off balance, sticks a leg out and you have a dead ball 18 yards out.

Be brave FFS, have a go, show a bit of fight.
The worse was when he made a poor pass ( one of many during the game) to McNeil then threw his hands in the air and blamed McNeil for not getting it.

Zat, he played that role yesterday - as it even says in that article. He was certainly deeper than Gana. And he didn’t have a good game.

I like him, he’s got a high ceiling and would definitely look better with better players around him, but you have to admit he’s had some anonymous games.

The worse was when he made a poor pass ( one of many during the game) to McNeil then threw his hands in the air and blamed McNeil for not getting it.
Celebrating a sliding tackle was poor, dont get that at ll!

I still think he goes on to great things, maybe not with us, i know its hard to see from the evidence so far but I just see something in him.

Not saying I'm a footie guru like, I used to rate Cadamateri, so what do I know?

Celebrating a sliding tackle was poor, dont get that at ll!

I still think he goes on to great things, maybe not with us, i know its hard to see from the evidence so far but I just see something in him.

Not saying I'm a footie guru like, I used to rate Cadamateri, so what do I know?
Dixie, it’s very hard to see from the evidence, in fact it’s hard to see him at all he goes missing that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back