2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to admit he aint doing me any favours in my praise of him, but i still think he will and can do it. Just not with us and we cant afford laziness or cameos.
Fair enough for sticking with him, I hope he proves you right and with Everton.
He's not a number 6, he's not a number 8, he's not a number 10...

What is he?
He should have a question mark on the back of his shirt instead of a number!
Check the quality they have at 6 if he doesnt play...quite a drop off.

Lets hope he comes back energised.
No he let you down again Zat!

Absolutely, adding to the usual poor games he played last season, except for the games he played for Belgium where you tell us he is very good.

He was far and away our best player against Fulham and up there for motm vs sheff utd.

Thats strange to me that you think otherwise.

Zat, he played that role yesterday - as it even says in that article. He was certainly deeper than Gana. And he didn’t have a good game.

I like him, he’s got a high ceiling and would definitely look better with better players around him, but you have to admit he’s had some anonymous games.

Just playing deeper doesnt mean he was playing as an anchor.

Celebrating a sliding tackle was poor, dont get that at ll!

I still think he goes on to great things, maybe not with us, i know its hard to see from the evidence so far but I just see something in him.

Not saying I'm a footie guru like, I used to rate Cadamateri, so what do I know?

Cadamateri looked a good player to me too...rapid and could finish.

As disappointing as he's been, I also think he's being mis-managed/coach under this regime.

100%. The entire midfield has no structure.

We can all slate Gana and Doucoure (i do) but i see Garner and Onana being used in absolutely stupid roles and scratch my head at the absolute state of the manager.

He was far and away our best player against Fulham and up there for motm vs sheff utd.

Thats strange to me that you think otherwise.

Just playing deeper doesnt mean he was playing as an anchor.

Cadamateri looked a good player to me too...rapid and could finish.

100%. The entire midfield has no structure.

We can all slate Gana and Doucoure (i do) but i see Garner and Onana being used in absolutely stupid roles and scratch my head at the absolute state of the manager.

I think you are splitting hairs over Onana’s role tbh. Do you want him in like a Carsley 4-1-4-1 position?

I think you are splitting hairs over Onana’s role tbh. Do you want him in like a Carsley 4-1-4-1 position?

Pretty much. Playing in the space between the 2 centre backs and 2 midfielders.

If he had have been used there then Sheff United wouldnt have had so much space behind our midfield.

It also enables him to combine with Branthwaite (good passer) and come short for Tarkowski. Not to mention his cross field passing could be used from deep to the flanks while his combinations with Garner should lead to more impact in through balls.

That time when he scored against the RS he started the season with a handful of goals in the first couple of months.

Young player then scored a handful the next season when it seemed like he had 'other interests'.

If he'd have knuckled down then i think he'd have been hitting double figures with his pace.

That time when he scored against the RS he started the season with a handful of goals in the first couple of months.

Young player then scored a handful the next season when it seemed like he had 'other interests'.

If he'd have knuckled down then i think he'd have been hitting double figures with his pace.
No Zat, he didn’t have other interests. He was an utter gobshite in real life who thought he was the next superstar.

He was a very bad footballer, extremely one footed and got easily found out in the premier league.

He couldn’t even make it in the lower leagues

No Zat, he didn’t have other interests. He was an utter gobshite in real life who thought he was the next superstar.

He was a very bad footballer, extremely one footed and got easily found out in the premier league.

Never met him but by 'other interests' i didnt mean going to the library.

Him and Branch were two who were massively bigged up but i never saw it with Branch...watched him against Derby and their forward (Sturridge?) was light years better.

Cadamarteri to me looked like he had the tools but not the application/interest.

Never met him but by 'other interests' i didnt mean going to the library.

Him and Branch were two who were massively bigged up but i never saw it with Branch...watched him against Derby and their forward (Sturridge?) was light years better.

Cadamarteri to me looked like he had the tools but not the application/interest.
I know what you meant Zat, he lived next to my friend in Calderstones; he spent 90% of his salary on BMW’s and tried for months to bang one of the sales assistants in there.

He was a tit and didn’t have the application or brain to make it on the top flight. He was a gastly footballer

Cadamateri is one of the nicest footballers I’ve ever met, Branch on the other hand is as you describe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back