2023/24 Amadou Onana

With our financial situation, Onana is certainly going to be required as a 'book balancer' before too long. Hopefully that won't be necessary until the summer at the earliest. Losing Onana this window will significantly weaken us, unless we replace him but that would be very difficult in January with our limited money.

With our financial situation, Onana is certainly going to be required as a 'book balancer' before too long. Hopefully that won't be necessary until the summer at the earliest. Losing Onana this window will significantly weaken us, unless we replace him but that would be very difficult in January with our limited money.
Unless its sell or collapse I can't see the plus side of this deal in Jan, we are in far too of a precarious position to weaken ourselves.

Reckon we should prioritise an out and out holding midfielder to replace him, rather than trying to go like for like

He obviously thought he was getting a big move in the summer hence all the chatter now. I would hold on till the summer working on the assumption we are OK on the FFP front. A bad euros won't harm him that much but a dominant one will see his price skyrocket

🤣 Jordon Henderson is still getting games for England and Belgium have had the best centre midfielder in the world for the last 5 years. Tielemans was touted as 60mil player 2yrs ago at Leicester
KdB is not the answer to which nation has greater depth. That's the opposite of depth, he's the first name on the teamsheet. The fact is Garner has more players in front of him for England than Onana has for Belgium. Henderson getting games is because Southgate is weirdly loyal and everybody knows he shouldn't be in the squad. Tielemans rarely even starts for Villa.
I really don't know what you're laughing at tbh, England clearly has far greater depth than Belgium
I still think 60mil is too low for Onana but a Garner/Onana debate through the lens of international teams is meaningless