American Food

I just wanted a picture that would be least gross to our Britischer pals. I don't know any self-respecting person from Louisiana who has ever used the name Ambrosia for food they made themselves; that's a word used only East of the FloraBama.
I would like a survey of the Florida counties before I concede entirely on this point. Depends on how you define self-respecting, too.

I've never been to USA, I have however stopped over in Atlanta airport en route to somewhere else and my 2 - 3 hours in the food court convinced me it's probably the next place I should visit.

I found a place called Arby's, a lot of travelling americans tell me it's not got that good a reputation...

But this is what I bought ....
angus3cheesebcn%20sandwich.png

that's the angus three cheese and bacon

and it was pretty sweet, but I'm sure there's probably better out there

so please, fellow travellers and North American foodies, make me hungry ...

don’t eat for a few days - then your hungry?

walllah!

It's so hard to find a good salad, unless you mean some of the things that are called "salad" in the South, all of which should be eaten but may not be healthy. I'll defer to @RAFUH or @mezzrow here but I'll tempt you with a fruit salad. When the lovely Mrs Nigh was in grad school in Florida with Yanks they wouldn't touch the stuff, but if you had a Southern grandma you ate this at least quarterly. If it's served without mayo it's not real.

Creamy_Fruit_Salad_1.jpg

Best stuff ever. My grandmother from bourbon country would agree.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back