2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
If his price was too high for us then, I can't imagine it being any lower if he continues the season at this standard.

i doubt a few good games for everton have changed much if any at all as far as barca are concerned. they know he has talent but things have not worked out for him there and if hes doing well here and loving it they will be happy to get him off the books i imagine

i doubt a few good games for everton have changed much if any at all as far as barca are concerned. they know he has talent but things have not worked out for him there and if hes doing well here and loving it they will be happy to get him off the books i imagine
They hiked jerry minas value on the back of 4 world cup games.

As.stupid as it sounds the better he plays the higher his transfer value will be.

I don't think we'll keep him personally. I think he'll impress the folks at Barcelona and they'll give him another go

On the bright side, Loftus-Cheek is hardly getting picked every week for Chelsea, so he might be keen on a move to help his England chances with the Euro's coming up. If we can't get Gomes then he'd be a perfect alternative

I think they’re completely different players with Gomes having more football intelligence in one foot than Loftus Cheek has. I hate to say it about Loftus Cheek but he smacks me as another Rodwell.

Barcelona can have any midfielder they want in the world. Gomes will know he will be behind Busquets Rakitic Arthur Vidal and Coutinho if he goes back. If a young Spanish midfielder comes along and looks potentially class they’d pounce on him too all before going back to a player who didn’t perform for them but did well on loan at a club significantly below their level. There’s nothing to stop them pricing us out of a move or starting a bidding war and a Milan team for example coming in for him ahead of us but I don’t see a scenario where Barcelona go ‘wow look how good he is we have to have him back’. I just don’t see it. If he’s played week in week out for us he won’t want to swap that at his stage of his career for games on the bench again. We’d be in pole position.

I think they’re completely different players with Gomes having more football intelligence in one foot than Loftus Cheek has. I hate to say it about Loftus Cheek but he smacks me as another Rodwell.

Barcelona can have any midfielder they want in the world. Gomes will know he will be behind Busquets Rakitic Arthur Vidal and Coutinho if he goes back. If a young Spanish midfielder comes along and looks potentially class they’d pounce on him too all before going back to a player who didn’t perform for them but did well on loan at a club significantly below their level. There’s nothing to stop them pricing us out of a move or starting a bidding war and a Milan team for example coming in for him ahead of us but I don’t see a scenario where Barcelona go ‘wow look how good he is we have to have him back’. I just don’t see it. If he’s played week in week out for us he won’t want to swap that at his stage of his career for games on the bench again. We’d be in pole position.

The talking down of RLC is pretty baffling

Hes a quality player

Swap out Barcelona with Chelsea and you have exactly the same scenario as Gomes

I’ve just the first 100 or do pages of this thread
I’d say there are some lads spoiling themselves in anticipation of the vaults being opened and unleashed on them
Some of the absolute crap that was written about this lad is unbelievable
From not being mentally strong , to being possibly physically broken forever , to he will never ever play a single game for us is just beyond belief
I hope he gets his PR person to join up , log on and vault all the unbelievers to kingdom come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back