2021/22 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfect offensive gameplans for him. Runners get vertical, Gomes loves going vertical. Just don't think he's at fitness levels for a full 90, or is he quick enough to do what's needed of him in midfield for 90.

Genuinely think all that’s changed is they’re allowing him more freedom.

With Silva, there’s no doubt that he had his best spell when we were attacking, which allowed him the chance to pass and keep composure in the middle of the field.

It looks like ünder Benitez that we’ll be playing a similar way, and he’s done well against Huddersfield and Burnley.

Long way to go, and think he’ll be more of a luxury, but that’s at least reassuring for us that he looks like he could be turning a corner.

Played well for the most part. Still chuckling about that row z shot attempt outside the box, mind. "If Townsend can do it why can't I?"

Usually plays very well off the bench, but rarely performs when he starts. A hard one to explain, but I would be using him mainly as a sub.

Not hard at all mate. Completely see your point and agree.

I'll just watch with interest how he plays when he does start, I think his game will change significantly without Allan and Doucouré in there, but they are in there and it compliments him so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.