2021/22 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's always suited a midfield 3, go 4-3-3 at Villa, Allan at the base with Gomes and Doucoure either side of him.
He’s too slow, I’d never use him until around the 60th minute at the earliest when other players are getting tired, otherwise you constantly run the risk of being overrun by more mobile and quicker midfields.

I know - he did look for the ball a lot and was playing it forward so it encouraged me - a few of the players are looking a little more confident- will be interesting to see how they react to a defeat
He's playing much further up the pitch and it gives him better chance to impact the game. I think his pace might be too slow to start in this Everton side but a good option to have.

I was his biggest fan, but as with Iwobi I'm not going to be sold of these being "new players" due to Rafael. They'll soon revert to type.

However...every time Rafael plays Gomes he's got him further forward and having less responsibility in defence. He looked to be just patrolling in front of Allan (was playing across both sides of the pitch) and knitting midfield together.

Past 2 seasons he's been a sitting midfielder and asked to defend which due to his pace doesn't work.
Good points mate, I also think he's lost a bit of timber which will help. If he can find his place in the team under the excellent tutelage of our gifted new manager he could have a big impact this season, I think Rafael is bringing him on gradually, clever man management.

Suits a 4-3-3. Can't play as part of a 2 not mobile enough. With quicker plays to utilise his passing he might still have a decent part to play. Also if we play Godfrey and Mina we can play with the midfield further up so on the occasions he does get caught on the ball there is still recovery time.

If Delph and Sigurdsson leave in the summer we will need to bring in 2 more midfielders which will probably relegate Gomes to 6th choice. However if we get European football I think this will suit him as the games are a bit slower and a bit more technical. In the 100mph Premier League his lack of pace sees him caught out but in the quality is there for all to see.

I don't think he's up to the expectation that comes with starting games, or the physical toll that it takes.

He has looked decent enough playing a bit-part role, so let's leave well enough alone in my opinion and let him play a part from the bench.

I'd be happy with him starting vs QPR. Today is another matter.

If Delph and Sigurdsson leave in the summer we will need to bring in 2 more midfielders which will probably relegate Gomes to 6th choice. However if we get European football I think this will suit him as the games are a bit slower and a bit more technical. In the 100mph Premier League his lack of pace sees him caught out but in the quality is there for all to see.

If Benitez can rehabilitate him it would give us an ok option to go with Gbamin for the bench. Anything that removes the prospect of Siggurdson and Davies playing together in the same mid field is good with me.

If Benitez can rehabilitate him it would give us an ok option to go with Gbamin for the bench. Anything that removes the prospect of Siggurdson and Davies playing together in the same mid field is good with me.

Davies would be 7th choice. I'm hoping Gbamin is good enough to be cover for Allan and the 2 new faces would be pushing for the last starting place in a 4-3-3. He definitely still has something to offer just not alongside Davies as they were far too slow together.

Should start today i reckon. Hoping he can build on the positive start he's made this season. The psychic frequencies are telling me to get on him for 1st goal scorer at 33/1 Hmmmmm or maybe Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.