Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2022/23 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to sit there being paid loads of money for doing ziltch and giving nothing in return whatsoever. Wouldn't even call him a professional footballer. I would do a chelsea on him and terminate his contract. These sort of helmets need removing from the club whatever it takes.

Half his luck.

Very few of us on here would walk away from a gig like that.

He didn’t hand himself that contract.

And he didn‘t inflict that horrific injury on himself.
If I already had enough money than I could spend in my lifetime, as well as enough to pass down so that my kids or their kids never need to work in their lives, and had the chance to play a bit of football while continuing to earn tens of thousands a week, albeit less than the contract I was currently on, I'd be choosing a nice team near the Mediterranean to spend a few seasons. He obviously sees it much differently.

Happy in his position as dinner lady at Finch Farm.

Not all heroes wear capes macca.

C53B6064-2553-4FC2-A749-62DAC8EF4946.webp

If I already had enough money than I could spend in my lifetime, as well as enough to pass down so that my kids or their kids never need to work in their lives, and had the chance to play a bit of football while continuing to earn tens of thousands a week, albeit less than the contract I was currently on, I'd be choosing a nice team near the Mediterranean to spend a few seasons. He obviously sees it much differently.
Fair point.

If he's on £100k a week, and leaves after staying five seasons with us, he'll have had us for around £14m if we assume he takes home about 50% of his wages after tax and agent fees, etc. Fourteen fluckin' million English pounds. And he'll have earned a fair few million before he joined us, and will continue to earn for a few years yet. Go!

Keeps getting his 100k a week and the next club he goes to he gets a nice signing on fee as will probably go on a free from us.

Not a chance, the only way id be leaving is with a pay off of everything im owed or id sit tight like they all do

Not a chance, the only way id be leaving is with a pay off of everything im owed or id sit tight like they all do
You'd be whittling away your best years in life in Liverpool, away from your family and mates, when you could be drinking fine wine and eating olives, fresh pasta and golden steaks every night instead, basking in wonderful weather and living a gorgeous life, while simultaneously enjoying a career in football.

With Gomes, we are probably best if we can to release him… Barkley style. Simply say to him here’s 5 million, do one and enjoy your life with our blessing. It’s such a shame because when he was on loan he was great and we all wanted him, that injury really really affected him.

Reflects very poorly on Gomes and shows his motivation for staying is financial only. Knowing he is already down the pecking order and with pending signings he will be even further down.

We gave him the contract. We honour it until we can convince him to leave or it runs done just as many others that we gave huge wages too have done over the last 2 years.

Lets not become Barcelona fans and turn on the fella.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back