Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2022/23 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't understand the hate for the player, blame the club for offering the contract in the first place.
Yes he didn't sign himself or set his own wages - At the beginning!
But...
that was then.
now, after his injury he's just not good enough - maybe he could try harder, who knows.
All he's doing now is copying too many others and sits on his bum on high wages, rather than go and play footy just for the sake of playing footy - while youre young enough to do it...which is what I hope I would do, but I'm a bit daft that way.

Sad.

Yes he didn't sign himself or set his own wages - At the beginning!
But...
that was then.
now, after his injury he's just not good enough - maybe he could try harder, who knows.
All he's doing now is copying too many others and sits on his bum on high wages, rather than go and play footy just for the sake of playing footy - while youre young enough to do it...which is what I hope I would do, but I'm a bit daft that way.

Sad.

So leave and take a pay cut, have you not seen the inflation rate mate ?

Runs....

So leave and take a pay cut, have you not seen the inflation rate mate ?

Runs....
Aye run Forrest you know thats not a proper answerlol

You Vs me Vs Gomes wages is not exactly apples Vs apples is it.
Also; I'm sure Inflation means a bit more to me...for all I know you're minted...than it does to a bloke with £Millions.
But you knew that

Honestly i think there is something going on with him mentally. And i don't mean it as a slight, but he had big issues at Barcelona and it seems to be repeating itself here. Just think he's absolutely down on himself to the point where nothing is enjoyable.
I would totally agree. I’d love him to get back to what he was, but I think the injury and resulting confidence issues have done for him.

Aye run Forrest you know thats not a proper answerlol

You Vs me Vs Gomes wages is not exactly apples Vs apples is it.
Also; I'm sure Inflation means a bit more to me...for all I know you're minted...than it does to a bloke with £Millions.
But you knew that

Just jesting mate, on a more serious note, no t many footballers take wage cuts now, unless really they are coming to the end of their careers. The answer was our negotiation team weren't very good at their jobs were they.

Been linked with Benfica and Porto over the summer. Neither can afford to match his wages so it’s fizzled out.
I assumed Turkey or somewhere, can understand knocking back that as it's a different way of life.

Only links though, Surely Benfica and Porto know how crap he has been.

Any rumours for this lad getting binned off? Couldn't even come on as a sub and we're gonna have 8 players in his position soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back