Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2022/23 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Questions for those slagging Gomes off; why are you taking this as gospel, and has Gomes ever shown the slightest hint that he's that sort of character ? You sure you're not just desperate to pile in on him cos your lass likes the look of him ?
He put in a totally appalling performance in the Palace game with survival on the line. He barely challenged for a ball for 45 minutes.

I have no idea what his attitude is like around the club and in training but his attitude on the pitch under Lampard was not good enough

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, even if this is true, we don't know from where the "minor interest" is supposedly coming. Could be Portugal or Spain, could just as well be Poland or Slovakia. And no offense intended to the great people of Poland or Slovakia, but if something like that is his only actual option, can you blame him - from the human side of things, not just the football - for not wanting to leave England in that case, where he's clearly happy? And who knows how much of a pay cut he'd have to take (if any) to make it happen? I mean, really, this stuff from Bobble is just too vague to be using as the entire basis for slamming a guy this much.

Those going on about professional pride and whatnot - the guy isn't a spring chicken anymore, and he's already had to come back from a major injury. Again, is it hard to understand that it would be tough to get motivated to go start all over somewhere else now?

If you want to blame somebody, blame the people who gave him the contract. Blame Son for breaking his leg. But don't act like you'd be the first one out the door to go play in the back end of nowhere just out of professional pride if the alternative was a boat load of money and a cushy life in England.

Andre Gomes doing the same as Gueye did in France?

Not sure what the problem is. He is under contract and I am sure he and his representatives are willing to discuss contract termination.

Andre Gomes knows he can't earn a big contract like he does now. He has how many years left - 2 years? And there are many other factors for not moving away. Our previous recruitment gave him that contract and most of us thought he would become a good Everton player until that injury crisis. Sometimes, this just happens.

If we had sent him on loan, I don't think we are free of his wages, maybe a small portion (which could be used to pay other players).
And I don't think there are any offers made for him that involve a transfer fee.

BYE_FELICIA.jpg

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, even if this is true, we don't know from where the "minor interest" is supposedly coming. Could be Portugal or Spain, could just as well be Poland or Slovakia. And no offense intended to the great people of Poland or Slovakia, but if something like that is his only actual option, can you blame him - from the human side of things, not just the football - for not wanting to leave England in that case, where he's clearly happy? And who knows how much of a pay cut he'd have to take (if any) to make it happen? I mean, really, this stuff from Bobble is just too vague to be using as the entire basis for slamming a guy this much.

Those going on about professional pride and whatnot - the guy isn't a spring chicken anymore, and he's already had to come back from a major injury. Again, is it hard to understand that it would be tough to get motivated to go start all over somewhere else now?

If you want to blame somebody, blame the people who gave him the contract. Blame Son for breaking his leg. But don't act like you'd be the first one out the door to go play in the back end of nowhere just out of professional pride if the alternative was a boat load of money and a cushy life in England.
Are we still going on about a broken leg? It was hardly David Buust style.

He was rubbish for a good while before that injury.

That performance against palace was the last straw for me with him , biggest game in years and he performs like that and is hauled off at half time.
The occasion likely got to him, but not in a good way. Think it might've been the last straw with Lampard too. Difficult to redeem yourself after that, when it mattered so much.
He's another example of a player rejected by a bigger club, brought in on big wages only to become unsellable later as he has already not cut it at a bigger club. We should only get young players, lower wages with possible sell on value. Seems to be more upside to that way of doing things. One too many managers in a short space of time lead to them each wanting ready made experienced players and the club backed them. We can see now that Lampard, hopefully, is in for the long haul and is happy to give youth a chance and the ready made experienced players we get are free or on loan. The club is learning.
Gomes seems a nice guy, but time's up, even if he got back to his best I don't think he'd break into our soon to be new look midfield

How is it that whenever "supposedly" skilful players join us they forget how to use their feet? I'm not surprised he looks crap in a team where he's expected to chase the ball for 90 minutes and even when he does have it there's little he can do with it?

The occasion likely got to him, but not in a good way. Think it might've been the last straw with Lampard too. Difficult to redeem yourself after that, when it mattered so much.
He's another example of a player rejected by a bigger club, brought in on big wages only to become unsellable later as he has already not cut it at a bigger club. We should only get young players, lower wages with possible sell on value. Seems to be more upside to that way of doing things. One too many managers in a short space of time lead to them each wanting ready made experienced players and the club backed them. We can see now that Lampard, hopefully, is in for the long haul and is happy to give youth a chance and the ready made experienced players we get are free or on loan. The club is learning.
Gomes seems a nice guy, but time's up, even if he got back to his best I don't think he'd break into our soon to be new look midfield
I know what you mean about occasion mate but it weremt the first time with him remember that Villa game a couple of years back even palace in the cup same performance ,if you watch the palace game video of the dressing room after the win he did look down so I do think he cares like but then if he’s happy to just sit on the bench at best for 2 years then you do wonder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back