2022/23 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine someone younger and better at your job comes to your workplace, but he's paid less than you.

You'll definitely up sticks and find a new, lesser paid job abroad, right?

BAK IN DER DAY everyone played for 1 penny and only for pashun as we know, clearly.
who is suggesting that he will get paid less ?

No , I suspect that a loan may be available with say Porto paying 20% of his wage and Everton the rest.
I suspect it's not as it hasn't been explored - considering we're paying him 100k or more, he'd be one of their highest paid players regardless.

we're paying him 100k or more, he'd be one of their highest paid players regardless.

Crazy when players on a fifth of that are busting a gut playing , I mean it's not his fault the system's wrong , I'd feel guilty collecting that each week and doing nothing. Pay full wages when playing .

If someone chose to pay me £100kpw and then didn’t pick me to play even though I worked my hardest in training and was fit enough to be selected as often as possible I wouldn’t want to move anywhere to be paid half or lower than that per week either ??‍♂️

We chose to pay him stupid money and he’s not as good as the other midfielders we bought… sounds like our problem rather than his.

If someone chose to pay me £100kpw and then didn’t pick me to play even though I worked my hardest in training and was fit enough to be selected as often as possible I wouldn’t want to move anywhere to be paid half or lower than that per week either ??‍♂️

We chose to pay him stupid money and he’s not as good as the other midfielders we bought… sounds like our problem rather than his.

Totally agree

Sometimes it's easy to presume can just make a decision and move players on.

These players have families, and will be working hard to get back in to the Manager's plans, especially somewhere like here where Managers have been coming and going so fast, and with the volume of injuries we tend to get.
He will be happy to wait and work towards getting his chance.

Would love to see him come back to the best version of himself, there is a player in there.

He will be happy to wait and work towards getting his chance.
See that’s a good point too.
All premier league players spent their lives being the best in school, the best in local clubs, the best in lower/lesser league clubs etc. so whilst we call them ‘average’ or ‘crap’ or whatever - their egos are very different.

Gomes was quality at times before his injury and we all wanted to sign him. He was also once good enough for Barcelona (when they were world class) to spend money on him.

He probably thinks he can be better than Iwobi etc. even though to us, he never will be again.

It might be that he and his family are settled here. We as fans forget sometimes about players families, it's been said before that Tosun stuck it out as his kids were very settled in a school here and had good friends and he didn't want to uproot them again. Fans would do well at times to remember there is more to it than just the player involved.

But he then moved back to Turkey and uprooted his family as soon as his contract was up??

But he then moved back to Turkey and uprooted his family as soon as his contract was up??
Contract was up then though, he could have stayed in the UK if another club had offered him a contract but chose to leave thats up to him. Our fans can hate on him if they want but he did say early on in an interview about how happy he was that his family had settled here.

Status
Not open for further replies.