2022/23 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to a slower league.

91BE924C-AB15-4811-BDCF-5BC0273C05D0.jpeg

I know what you mean about occasion mate but it weremt the first time with him remember that Villa game a couple of years back even palace in the cup same performance ,if you watch the palace game video of the dressing room after the win he did look down so I do think he cares like but then if he’s happy to just sit on the bench at best for 2 years then you do wonder
That's true tbf

I'm sure he does,but if you found yourself in a similar position in a well paid job but relegated to making the tea would you keep turning up to work or leave for maybe fifty percent less?
Maybe he doesn’t want to play football. The “surely footballers want/need to be playing every week” may not apply to him.

Had his well publicised issues at Barca, comes here, seems to settle, gets a terrible injury, and let’s be honest doesn’t get the best reception any more (not without reason - he has been awful).

Pointless and a bit discourteous speculating on mental health etc, but entirely possible that the thought of moving himself and his family to another country and having to ingratiate himself with new teammates, fans and prove himself could fill the bloke with dread. Probably very comfortable turning up for training and going home. He might even prefer having a niggling injury so he’s not even in contention, who knows. If that’s the case, he’d probably stay even if he was on <£10k.

That’s all total conjecture, but I’m firmly in the camp of this being entirely of our own doing. His salary is now a totally sunk cost. Two facts are that he is apparently a thoroughly nice and very generous charitable bloke, and that his work on the pitch has been miles off what was expected and paid for.

Besides Mina and Allan the other players don't comment or like his Instagram posts. I imagine he a bit more 'educated' than the likes of the usual footballer as when you see the frolics in the dressing room with Holgate , Iwobi etc he never seen in the Vids.

Maybe he doesn’t want to play football. The “surely footballers want/need to be playing every week” may not apply to him.

Had his well publicised issues at Barca, comes here, seems to settle, gets a terrible injury, and let’s be honest doesn’t get the best reception any more (not without reason - he has been awful).

Pointless and a bit discourteous speculating on mental health etc, but entirely possible that the thought of moving himself and his family to another country and having to ingratiate himself with new teammates, fans and prove himself could fill the bloke with dread. Probably very comfortable turning up for training and going home. He might even prefer having a niggling injury so he’s not even in contention, who knows. If that’s the case, he’d probably stay even if he was on <£10k.

That’s all total conjecture, but I’m firmly in the camp of this being entirely of our own doing. His salary is now a totally sunk cost. Two facts are that he is apparently a thoroughly nice and very generous charitable bloke, and that his work on the pitch has been miles off what was expected and paid for.
We'll never know what he thinks,but going back some time our goalkeeper Gordon West was selected to go to the World Cup in Mexico,his wife gave him an ultimatum,go and we get divorced. Who knows what Gomes's partner would think about moving home to another country.

Status
Not open for further replies.