2022/23 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outrageous air-brushing there. When he arrived on loan he was a catalyst for us. Easily prem league quality. We all applauded when we took him on perm. He faded significantly after his horrific injury and has not been the same player since.

Deffo time to move him on, but very disingenuous to say he was never prem league quality.
Was great on loan, removing Gueye exposed his flaws, and the injury didn't help. Looks good when other players pick up his defensive slack, but not otherwise.

I think I'd like to defend him a little, not because of the player he was or became but there was a report saying he was happy to stay even though he wasn't wanted. He was absolutely slated on here! Called horrible names, likened to to tosun. Hours later he's gone, to play. Twitter, thanks for besmirching this man. Unfoundedly. Some of you should be ashamed.

I think I'd like to defend him a little, not because of the player he was or became but there was a report saying he was happy to stay even though he wasn't wanted. He was absolutely slated on here! Called horrible names, likened to to tosun. Hours later he's gone, to play. Twitter, thanks for besmirching this man. Unfoundedly. Some of you should be ashamed.
Twitter is like a margarita - better with a liberal dose of salt.

He showed moments of brilliance but overall he showed long stretches of meh.

But when it permeates a decent site like GOT??
Sorry, I just found it all a bit distasteful. I was also ready to think the worst of the guy
That's deadline day/week for you. There's a lot less of it in between windows, and what there is generally is either the official lineup release for a match or a highlight.

Current Affairs is another story altogether, mind you.
Maybe, I'll take your word for it. C.A is definitely a place i rarely dare too tread! Ha.

Which is ok, and ok to slate him for. Leech, lazy, greedy are all words I read today and worse because of one Twitter account that said even though he wasn't in Lampard's plans he refused to leave and yet hours later he's gone.

I'm obviously far too sensitive for Twitter! Hahaha
Some of the negativity might be warranted.

We paid a King's ransom for a guy that was meh

Some of the negativity might be warranted.

We paid a King's ransom for a guy that was meh
And I agree with all of the critics, he was worse than meh! Ha! It's the lie that was put out on Twitter that became truth on GOT. That's what I have a problem with, it was said he was happy staying even though he wasn't in either Frank or Kevin's plans. Go back and look, he was slaughtered, called lots of names, and yet a few hours later, oh, he's actually going to leave. He's either very in touch with the fan's or that Tweet was rubbish, and a lot on here believed it.

And I agree with all of the critics, he was worse than meh! Ha! It's the lie that was put out on Twitter that became truth on GOT. That's what I have a problem with, it was said he was happy staying even though he wasn't in either Frank or Kevin's plans. Go back and look, he was slaughtered, called lots of names, and yet a few hours later, oh, he's actually going to leave. He's either very in touch with the fan's or that Tweet was rubbish, and a lot on here believed it.
You probably need some background here. Bobble (the cited source in the text) has been very good at providing in-the-know (ITK) information about the club for some time now. This has been a window where previously reliable insiders got slaughtered. Bobble hadn't been burned much by his sources yet, so his word was taken as true. Turned out he was wrong.

If you're concerned about what was said here (some of which likely did cross the line), you probably haven't ventured into the ? thread yet. No mercy. No pity.

You probably need some background here. Bobble (the cited source in the text) has been very good at providing in-the-know (ITK) information about the club for some time now. This has been a window where previously reliable insiders got slaughtered. Bobble hadn't been burned much by his sources yet, so his word was taken as true. Turned out he was wrong.

If you're concerned about what was said here (some of which likely did cross the line), you probably haven't ventured into the ? thread yet. No mercy. No pity.
You obviously haven't visited the #be nice thread. It's ok. Mr Al. Haha we live in different places on this forum obviously. If we were all the same life would be very boring.

You obviously haven't visited the #be nice thread. It's ok. Mr Al. Haha we live in different places on this forum obviously. If we were all the same life would be very boring.
Even the denizens of the #benice thread hate on Mr. Barkley. There are extenuating circumstances.

Defend him??? REALLY, he downed tools last season and quite frankly his attitude on the pitch was a disgrace, if you are payed a salary north of 100K the very least you expect is effort & fight, he gave none of this, a liability, good riddance.

Oh he did have great hair though ?
I am only defending him in terms of the comments that came because of the tweet that said he was happy staying at the club even though he wasn't in the club's plans. Hours later it looks like that was untrue, and he IS leaving. I'm not defending any of his performances! Believe me! My comment was about defending him as an obvious lie was put on Twitter that then ran on here. And the comments thereafter.
He's not dead yet so he still has (I would call it swoonfull hair) Ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back