Transfer Rumour Andriy Yarmolenko

Do you think we'll sign him this window ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just correcting you on your assumption that the only way a player is sold is if a club approaches us over one of our players, which whilst is one way (Chelsea approaching us for Stones) clubs can do a lot more behind the scenes in regards to touting players around that we want rid off.

Look at how we were after Ba but was offered Lukaku by chelsea, we could certainly do more behind the scenes which we don't seem to be doing- I say that as Naismith was quoted in the press saying he hopes to play more for us to stay in contention for his place in the Scotland team now if he was being peddled around by the club he wouldn't have said this)

Like I said jobs for the boys, it's how Hibberts stayed at the club for so long.

You sold many footballers mate?

Hmm

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    49.3 KB · Views: 489

Can't see why people are optimistic all of a sudden based on the last two pages.

Just a case of 'as we were' in my view. 50/50 toss up whether we'll get him, we'll lose out to another club, or this is another infamous Everton phantom bid.

I'm just correcting you on your assumption that the only way a player is sold is if a club approaches us over one of our players, which whilst is one way (Chelsea approaching us for Stones) clubs can do a lot more behind the scenes in regards to touting players around that we want rid off.

Look at how we were after Ba but was offered Lukaku by chelsea, we could certainly do more behind the scenes which we don't seem to be doing- I say that as Naismith was quoted in the press saying he hopes to play more for us to stay in contention for his place in the Scotland team now if he was being peddled around by the club he wouldn't have said this)

Like I said jobs for the boys, it's how Hibberts stayed at the club for so long.

Oh is that all you were doing? Cheers again mate.

Thing is, I didn't assume anything. I know players can be flogged like chico's mar on 2-4-1 Tuesdays, but you're forgetting a few things yourself.

1) You can try and sell a player, but someone has to buy them. Who wants to buy them, exactly?
2) How do you know we aren't trying to sell them? Naismith saying that doesn't mean we're not trying to sell him. Maybe we are trying to sell him but only crap clubs have come in, and he wants to fight for his place here instead?
3) How do you know we'd get £6-8m for them? Careful mate, almost looks like you've made one of these heinous assumptions there.
4) McGeady is injured!

Fact is, you've made selling players look a lot easier than it is. Then had the gall to be overly hostile to someone who's pointed out (albeit with some sarcasm) that perhaps it's not that easy and additionally, we do not have all the facts.

Don't get me wrong, if we keep both of Naismith/McGeady and that is because we wanted to keep them both, then I'll be surprised and probably annoyed as well. But given the obfuscated nature of football transfers, you can't make too many assumptions. We really have no idea what's going on. We may keep them both, one of them, neither. We may want to sell them both, one of them, neither. Who knows?

Can't see why people are optimistic all of a sudden based on the last two pages.

Just a case of 'as we were' in my view. 50/50 toss up whether we'll get him, we'll lose out to another club, or this is another infamous Everton phantom bid.

Flying to Monaco to speak with Kyiv is a bit much for a phantom bid like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back