Transfer Rumour Andriy Yarmolenko

Do you think we'll sign him this window ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baffles me why some massice teams arent in for him mate, even character wise he is supposed to be a top bloke, evidenced by signing an extension with the promise after he won the league with kiev he could move. 99% would have just left on a free at that time. Ticks all the boxes you could wish for imo.

Good enough for any top leagues top 4 teams id say
Yeah, I was about to suggest quality of league being off putting, but I just checked and there's been some massive fees given for Ukrainian players in the recent past so there cant be that much concern over it.

If he's consistently that good, it does make you wonder why this feller hasn't had his suitors.

Any word on the contract n****?
marilyn-monroe-bye.gif

I think Rebrov, Arshavin, Shevchenko etc. have put a lot of English clubs in particular off spending big money on people from that area of the world. Italy aside they've rarely shone anywhere else too.
I dont know, Tymoshchuk did ok at Bayern. And although not Ukrainian players like Willian came from the Ukrainian league.

I think Rebrov, Arshavin, Shevchenko etc. have put a lot of English clubs in particular off spending big money on people from that area of the world. Italy aside they've rarely shone anywhere else too.
Shevchenko was coming to the end of his career when he went to Chelsea if he had come to England in his prime he would have scored goals for fun, rebrov was poor, arshavin started off really well and wasnt that bad people just seam to remember him towards the end of his arsenal career when his form really dropped

Yeah, I was about to suggest quality of league being off putting, but I just checked and there's been some massive fees given for Ukrainian players in the recent past so there cant be that much concern over it.

If he's consistently that good, it does make you wonder why this feller hasn't had his suitors.

If he's worth £15m to £17.5m now with a year left, I assume with three years left they'd have been asking £30m+.

I think he probably has his faults (or at a minimum has a few too many question marks to be certain he can justify such a fee).

I think part of it comes down to the player too. I think he wants to play guaranteed first team football in a good league and earn his massive payday after proving himself at this level in about two or three years.

Shevchenko was coming to the end of his career when he went to Chelsea if he had come to England in his prime he would have scored goals for fun, rebrov was poor, arshavin started off really well and wasnt that bad people just seam to remember him towards the end of his arsenal career when his form really dropped

Shevchenko scored 28 in 40 the season before he joined Chelsea. He did next to nothing in England the following season.

I have a nagging suspicion he simply dominated in Italy because the slower tempo suited his play.

Arshavin unfortunately lacked the work ethic from the outset. Got away with it early on, but when Arsenal needed to dig in, he went totally missing.

If he's worth £15m to £17.5m now with a year left, I assume with three years left they'd have been asking £30m+.

I think he probably has his faults (or at a minimum has a few too many question marks to be certain he can justify such a fee).

I think part of it comes down to the player too. I think he wants to play guaranteed first team football in a good league and earn his massive payday after proving himself at this level in about two or three years.

think thats a spot on assessment their. He also struggled early on with the expectation placed on him by the media etc as the 'new shevchenko' and maybe that cast doubts for some

To add to this ...

Anyone I catch calling him a nonce will get a minimum two day ban. Using clever spelling or wording to try and get round it won"t help

Being ignorant of this warning won't help you. Arguing the toss when your ban expires won't help you

*awaits first smart arse comment with relish, that's the type of relish which is likely to get you into a pickle and not the one you might stick on the side of your plate

Any word on the contract nonce?

48 hours ban

Shevchenko scored 28 in 40 the season before he joined Chelsea. He did next to nothing in England the following season.

I have a nagging suspicion he simply dominated in Italy because the slower tempo suited his play.

Arshavin unfortunately lacked the work ethic from the outset. Got away with it early on, but when Arsenal needed to dig in, he went totally missing.

shevchenko lost a step though mate between moving - had a knee injury going into the world cup i seem to recall, for his style that was crucial, Arshavin was used to being the main man superstar that could swan around, Yarmolenko works hard every time i've seen him

Agreed.

He's a player and a name with quite obvious talent. He's also been playing European football every year and has got used to that...

Absolutely he is looking for a team either in or around the European spots who are willing to take a chance on him. He's a name that's looking for a team that can catapult him onto better things once he's 'proven' his worth. He simply hasn't moved on due to a price tag over his head after only ever playing in the Ukraine.

Agreed.

He's a player and a name with quite obvious talent. He's also been playing European football every year and has got used to that...

Absolutely he is looking for a team either in or around the European spots who are willing to take a chance on him. He's a name that's looking for a team that can catapult him onto better things once he's 'proven' his worth. He simply hasn't moved on due to a price tag over his head after only ever playing in the Ukraine.

see Lukaku - Romelu for another example

Dynamo Kyiv don't play in the champions league too often and it looks like he's been happy to stay at his boyhood club / hasn't agitated for a move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back