Transfer Rumour Andriy Yarmolenko

Do you think we'll sign him this window ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Covering for @Bungle whilst he sleeps..... Ukraine Airlines flight number 111 arrives in Gatwick at 11.55am today. No storms to delay or divert it. Plenty of connections up to the North West.

Big, televised game versus the potential champions....perfect exposure for a high profile announcement to give the Board some relief after the plane episode at Southampton....even the most backward of Boards would not want to miss out on such an opportunity.

It's definitely on. Vault me.

Covering for @Bungle whilst he sleeps..... Ukraine Airlines flight number 111 arrives in Gatwick at 11.55am today. No storms to delay or divert it. Plenty of connections up to the North West.

Big, televised game versus the potential champions....perfect exposure for a high profile announcement to give the Board some relief after the plane episode at Southampton....even the most backward of Boards would not want to miss out on such an opportunity.

It's definitely on. Vault me.
Oh you're getting vaulted alright.....................

Done and dusted.

Seriously, do you not think that's great business if it's done? Credit where credits due in my opinion, just like stick where sticks due. Whatever our views on the boards overall performance if this comes off they've done a decent job of it.

Haha thanks,

In seriousness, it would be a cracking signing. But unfortunately one cracking signing doesn't make up for years of non-investment and stagnation. This is more for the board thread though...

Can't wait to see Yarmolenko on the big screens at half time today... *prays*

Haha thanks,

In seriousness, it would be a cracking signing. But unfortunately one cracking signing doesn't make up for years of non-investment and stagnation. This is more for the board thread though...

They've got to start getting brownie points back at some point.....a bit like the Kone revival if you will.

18-19m for a player who has played exceptionally well domestically and internationally and who was the stand out player in last season's Europa league, sounds about right to me mate - makes me chuckle though when our fans are saying 30m for coleman, 40-50m for stones, 50m for Barkley etc etc etc and we got 28m for Felli, and this guy were wobbling like a errrmwomble about paying less than what he is really worth at 18-19m
what the hell are you wittering about...

For a big, strong winger/forward that knocks them in for fun with his left against anyone and everyone, averaging a goal every other game and doesn't speak a word of english?

See virtually every other winger bought by a PL club for comparison. For example, that kopite Lazar Markovic, he cost way above £20m. Another comparison i guess is for Willian, another right winger from ukraine that cost £32m, several years ago. Even Tadic, from Twente, was like £15m.

It's just the market rate, like. I will still be proper chuffed if we make it with this one, even though it all remains to be seen once he starts playing games.
He's got less than a year left...

Haha thanks,

Hate this board with a passion, but if yarmolenko signs, then under martinez tenure we will have brought in mccarthy, del, lukaku, barry and yarmolenko, will say that fan pressure combined with martinez own behind the scenes pressure on them could at least be forcing them begrudgingly into making something special here.

Make no mistake, if stones stays thats a massive sign for me martinez is applying aerious pressure on them.

Just a thought.....a high profile signing, indeed the Ukraines version of a Beckham or Ronaldo, comes to Ebepton for a comparatively high fee and it makes national news over there outside if the normal sports news....that surely opens the way for a new generation of Ukranian Blues. On top of that I'd suspect there will be some very rich Ukranian businessmen thinking there's a few bob to be made in the EPL.....possible route in for a new owner, or just Sunday morning fantasy?

Go back to bed and done get up for another three hours.

He's got less than a year left...

He's also club captain & club icon, widely regarded as the country's best players. Do you think he would just koff and leave like some daft greedy tit, away from fervent fans of a eastern european club which used to be the pet project of top-ranking KGB officers during the Soviet times? Mate, he couldn't do that for fear of his life. Contract length simply doesn't factor in on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back