Transfer Rumour Andriy Yarmolenko

Do you think we'll sign him this window ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be no unveiling today you beauts, do the work permit authorities come in to work at the weekends? Course not. We're looking at a presser unveiling, wednesday or thursday probably.

Mate doubt it myself but a work permits a formality for him, we could easily announce him at the ground prior, medicals another matter though

And we would have zero chance of getting him on a free mate, so we pay what they want

Exactly. He'd go somewhere like Chelsea, where he'll depreciate on the bench because Mourinho has his chosen XI, or he'll go to the rs where he'll become their hundredth signed who didn't live up to his potential because they can't accommodate everyone.

Exactly. He'd go somewhere like Chelsea, where he'll depreciate on the bench because Mourinho has his chosen XI, or he'll go to the rs where he'll become their hundredth signed who didn't live up to his potential because they can't accommodate everyone.

If he went the RS, they'd have probably sold Coutinho for £60m somehow, spent the money on absolute tosh, bagged Yarmz for free and he'd be their annual one man team

With regards to a work permit I agree it would be a formality and if we are to spend that amount of money on a player then a work permit should have been applied for in advance. But then it's Everton we're talking about here.
Confident we'll get him ? Yes, but I wouldn't place any bets on him being signed today.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2012/jun/06/euro-2012-ukraine-andriy-yarmolenko

interesting article about him, from 2012, shows a bit of the insight into the player i guess and his character

That article mentions that he's played left back. FFS I'm tired of Bobby not giving youth a chance lol

Good article that. Makes sense why he hasn't moved clubs before now, but I imagine he's got to the point where he's ready to make the jump.

Just a thought.....a high profile signing, indeed the Ukraines version of a Beckham or Ronaldo, comes to Ebepton for a comparatively high fee and it makes national news over there outside if the normal sports news....that surely opens the way for a new generation of Ukranian Blues. On top of that I'd suspect there will be some very rich Ukranian businessmen thinking there's a few bob to be made in the EPL.....possible route in for a new owner, or just Sunday morning fantasy?

It's hard enough finding Everton gear in England nevermind Ukraine lol

That article mentions that he's played left back. FFS I'm tired of Bobby not giving youth a chance lol

Good article that. Makes sense why he hasn't moved clubs before now, but I imagine he's got to the point where he's ready to make the jump.

It's hard enough finding Everton gear in England nevermind Ukraine lol

Coming back from his early setback showed a lot of character mate, think the bloke would be a fantastic example for the likes of Barkley etc plus he's a boss toggerer as well

Sometimes the best pieces about a player are the ones written before they made it to that next level as they're not just regurgitating stories or click bait fodder but are actually more like what sports journalism should be all about

When I went to bed last night the mood was a bit uncertain about the deal. This morning it feels like it's ON.

Is this based on anything of substance?

We're Everton officials working through the night?

Coming back from his early setback showed a lot of character mate, think the bloke would be a fantastic example for the likes of Barkley etc plus he's a boss toggerer as well

Isn't he their captain ("leader") too? He definitely seems like the right player for us. Nice wife too :cheers:

I'm waiting till this one's confirmed before I start leaping up and down. We've got the Star and the Mirror, not the best of sources, saying the deal's effectively done. We've got this Dynamo Kyiv site quoting the Star. Against this, we've got the fact that Yarmolenko was playing yesterday, and the fact that yesterday Ukranian sites were saying that Everton hadn't yet met Surkis's valuation. And the fact that Surkis has had approaches from other clubs and may still be hoping that one of them materialises into a bid that beats ours. So I'm braced for the possibility that we could be in for a few days more of this.

Isn't he their captain ("leader") too? He definitely seems like the right player for us. Nice wife too :cheers:

Vice captain i think and think he has a 3-4 year old kid as well so seems wells settled, and yeah his missus looks a lovely conversationalist ;)

Think by all account his wife speaks good English - no idea about Yarmolenko although he will have learnt it from the age of about 8-18 in Ukraine as think it follows the same system as Russian schools which has mandatory English lessons so should at least have a smattering of it as he holdiays in the US every year, YES i have stalked him for info lol

Last edited:

It's On?

tumblr_inline_nthu1yJVhd1rlt0zz_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back