Transfer Rumour Andriy Yarmolenko

Do you think we'll sign him this window ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe someone can explain to me, or maybe the Echo, how a release clause works. Because, if i am thinking right here, they have no legs to make any sort of demands or requests after a release clause is matched.

Untrue.

See: Arsenal's £40,000,001.00 bid for Suarez.

It's not legal to deny a player's transfer through a release clause, but there is little the player can do about it. Sure, he can take the club to a tribunal but it will take weeks, even months. By the time the verdict is decided, the transfer window will be gone, the player will be hated by the club's fans (and possibly other fans) and he may have been told that he will rot in the reserves for the remainder of his contract. The club that went in for him won't wait around and will target another player. This is exactly what Liverpool did with Suarez.

Anyone know much about Bernard? I'm aware of him, saw him briefly at the World Cup and have seen him occasionally in Europe, but I never thought he looked Prem material. He's about 4 foot tall for starters. Doesn't score many either.

If we've switched our intentions elsewhere because of problems, it's the right thing. I wanted Yarmolenko, believe he is perfect but we can't hang about.

It's the right decision if this proves true.

they might also be hoping this will have the effect of telling Dynamo to stop being a pain in the ass, and to prompt Yarmolenko to lobby for the move more forcefully

Is the source even credible? I really want Yarm. If he ends up going to Stoke or Sours cos we're so ***** tight, I'm going to rage.

Bernard is four foot nothing and 100lbs. He would get utterly crushed in the Premier League. He'd probably die after one shoulder barge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back