Transfer Rumour Andriy Yarmolenko

Do you think we'll sign him this window ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't think they're any good either but that is quotes from someone, not them making stuff up.

If it is them making false quotes then fair enough but i'd doubt they'd do that just for popcorning.

If you don't think the chairman wants a lot of return on him then you're insane mate.

If that was the case a player of his ability wouldn't of been allowed to get down to the last 12 months of his contract.

He's not arsed mate. He'll get his 20m euro or whatever it is but if it really was about getting a top return on him, he would of been sold 12 months ago when the likes of Bayern and Milan were sniffing around.

I reserve judgement till the window closes. Maybe it's off, maybe it was never on, but don't believe for a second the Echo or Sky know anything more than us.

images.webp

If that was the case a player of his ability wouldn't of been allowed to get down to the last 12 months of his contract.

He's not arsed mate. He'll get his 20m euro or whatever it is but if it really was about getting a top return on him, he would of been sold 12 months ago when the likes of Bayern and Milan were sniffing around.
it's what the player wants too though mate.

The chairman does want a good return on him, maybe it's true he'd sell him for 20m euros to a big club, but the big clubs dont want to take the chance, and the chairman knows it.

So he'll try and fleece us, it's all just negotiation tactics.

I have not followed this particularly closely but it has the hallmarks of a classic east/west poor/rich negotiation.

Frequently they go like this:

Kiev: we have a wealthy club interested in one of our players. What should we ask for?

Arrive at a figure appropriate for the buyers local market not the seller's local market.

"Wealthy westerner": hmm that seems a little expensive but yes we really want player/asset (delete as appropriate). Tell them it's a deal.

Kiev: "they've accepted our price, we did not ask for enough. Argghhhh Increase the price.

Repeat and continue until westerner/wealthy buyer usually walks away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back