Transfer Rumour Andriy Yarmolenko

Do you think we'll sign him this window ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not followed this particularly closely but it has the hallmarks of a classic east/west poor/rich negotiation.

Frequently they go like this:

Kiev: we have a wealthy club interested in one of our players. What should we ask for?

Arrive at a figure appropriate for the buyers local market not the seller's local market.

"Wealthy westerner": hmm that seems a little expensive but yes we really want player/asset (delete as appropriate). Tell them it's a deal.

Kiev: "they've accepted our price, we did not ask for enough. Argghhhh Increase the price.

Repeat and continue until westerner/wealthy buyer usually walks away.

I think it's the other way round in this instance, they are the rich party and we are the ones with cap in hand.

Think the chairman for Kyiv is a billionaire.

For now, has the Yarmometer been put back in the dusty cupboard under the stairs ? along with the Moutinhomometer, Shakirimometer, Austinomometer and a pair of BKs' sweaty trainers ?

It's not over, not over, not over, not over yet
We still want yarmz
Yarm-o-lenk-
-o It's not over, not over, not over, not over yet
You still want me, don't you

I think it's the other way round in this instance, they are the rich party and we are the ones with cap in hand.

Think the chairman for Kyiv is a billionaire.

Would he like to buy us then he can move players around with willy-nilly abandon, UEFA rules permitting ?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back