2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

p61538.png

He's good ...and could become seriously good

I just worry that if we stay up him and Gray will be our first choice wide players next season but I dont know if they have enough goals/assists to have us pushing top half.

Ultimately comes down to end product - you look at Bowen at WHU and Barnes at Leicester and thats the standard we need to aim at if we dont want to be constantly in relegation battles or with our season over by Xmas in midtable.

Another good performance, gets better every week.

But those are not top flight level set pieces. He needs to improve quickly or let someone else have a go.

I'm just watching Mykolenko hover over them, just waiting for his moment. Thats twice now we've won a free kick in a great position thenkast two games and all your thinking is "test the keeper, set the tone" and we've had Gray smash it into the wall against the rs and Gordon do some kind of flop shot over the wall and the bar

I just worry that if we stay up him and Gray will be our first choice wide players next season but I dont know if they have enough goals/assists to have us pushing top half.

Ultimately comes down to end product - you look at Bowen at WHU and Barnes at Leicester and thats the standard we need to aim at if we dont want to be constantly in relegation battles or with our season over by Xmas in midtable.

Seems Lampard really likes Gray but he needs to go back to being a squad player next season if it's still premier league.

Ideally Richi stays and a better CF is signed and then it's a pretty good front 3 for counter attack football at least.

Doubt he'd be tempted from Milan but someone like Giroud would be a fantastic short term signing so need to find a CF of that ilk and cash in on Calvert Lewin with Arteta seemingly having a hard on for him.

I totally get what your saying....but this is Gordon's break out season. I'm confident he's good enough to add goals/assists on a regular basis.

I totally get what your saying....but this is Gordon's break out season. I'm confident he's good enough to add goals/assists on a regular basis.
This.

Still playing himself in at this level, but becoming one of our more influential players.

makes things happen up front , but the end product is still a major weakness

still, he's young with plenty of time to develop

needs to work on his diving technique too ?

Status
Not open for further replies.