2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not his best game today but still did well I thought and works very hard. Obviously will be working to improve end product but my god, this boy can put a defender on his backside. One on one he is top quality, if he can keep that ability and add some experience to his final ball/action he's got some serious potential.

Gives it everything but he usually dies off after an hour and his set pieces aren't very good either. Love his spirit though.

If we survive he needs tying down to a long-term deal.
They're very hit and miss, but today they were very much locked into the miss category. To be fair to him, he did look knackered from the outset.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's playing with a niggle or two as well, yet he doesn't give up and he plays on the front foot looking to pressure teams.

Right now, I'd trust Mykolenko or Gray on corners and free-kicks with Gordon taking the odd one here and there.

Struggling to see it with this lad. Really want him to do well, but to me, he’s weak with no end product. Has the occasional moment of brilliance, but always in the wrong part of the pitch. Hope I’m wrong.

Don't worry, you're wrong.

Remember the Man Utd game ( about a week ago?)
Yep. He’s having influence on games.

. United game.
. Created an open goal for richy against Leicester
. Won a penalty v Burnley
. Only major threat v Liverpool and denied a clear pen
. Created the chance for mykolenko with his clever bit of play off a throw in today

It’ll all click for him eventually I reckon and then he will be a hell of a player.

Yep. He’s having influence on games.

. United game.
. Created an open goal for richy against Leicester
. Won a penalty v Burnley
. Only major threat v Liverpool and denied a clear pen
. Created the chance for mykolenko with his clever bit of play off a throw in today

It’ll all click for him eventually I reckon and then he will be a hell of a player.

Dribbling wise he's good at the important stuff rather than the tricks. Turns, finding a yard, being direct. Bodes well.

Yep just like you said you'd rather have DCL than Kane.
There's nothing like over rating our own players.

Let's have it right. Gordon is talented. Nice touch, good control , great pace and good attitude.
But he doesn't get his head up for a final ball and his finishing is woeful.
Can he improve ? Of course he can but to suggest that he's another Kingsly Coman or Serge Gnabry is delusional .

He could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back