2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we just talking about him being in a wall here or in general in terms of his all-round play?

Mainly being in a wall, but this is no small thing imo. There's no point in having a wall at all if the persons constituting it are so wary of being hit that they're standing side on and leaving gaps. But he looks shattered as well, he looked weak yesterday. I think he's a bit overhyped.

Mainly being in a wall, but this is no small thing imo. There's no point in having a wall at all if the persons constituting it are so wary of being hit that they're standing side on and leaving gaps. But he looks shattered as well, he looked weak yesterday. I think he's a bit overhyped.
I agree he looks knackered,I also agree on the hype. But I don't think he ever hides and I can't question his effort. He does lack quality but so does everybody else in the side.

The word bit there is doing a lot of work.

End product will hopefully come with time, needs to be starting though in order for him to develop and gains some hands-on experience.

His work rate is excellent. He is lightning quick and gets us down the field better than anyone we have by far. He is far from the problem in the squad. He shouldn’t be relied on to carry the goal/assist burden but we are in that dire of a situation. Nobody should be on his back
It’s also his first proper season as a regular, we’d be a much worse team without him.

Definately has som stand out qualities, mainly pace and dribling. He also wins us a lot of free kicks.
Major weaknes is end product and cutting edge. He should study the play of Landon Donovan. Always took the right option and made the chance as big as it could possibly be.

sweet-dreams.gif

His work rate is excellent. He is lightning quick and gets us down the field better than anyone we have by far. He is far from the problem in the squad. He shouldn’t be relied on to carry the goal/assist burden but we are in that dire of a situation. Nobody should be on his back
Well he isn't being relied on to carry the goal/assist burden is he? He has 1 heavily deflected goal and no assists to his name in the last 14 games, so he's not carrying anything in that sense. I don't know why people find it so difficult to accept that you can like his attitude and see that he has talent, but also think that he isn't necessarily producing enough at the moment.

Well he isn't being relied on to carry the goal/assist burden is he? He has 1 heavily deflected goal and no assists to his name in the last 14 games, so he's not carrying anything in that sense. I don't know why people find it so difficult to accept that you can like his attitude and see that he has talent, but also think that he isn't necessarily producing enough at the moment.
Hes localish and English, meaning, according to Everton forums everywhere, hes either the best prospect in world football or a waste of space.
Hes a decent player with holes in his game, but time on his side to patch them up. Great attitude and will to work for the team shouldnt be enough, but in our current squad it sadly is.

I like Gordon a lot and I hope he continues improving. If he does, he’ll become very good for us.

Hes a good player but if he wasnt from Merseyside he wouldnt have played as much.

I think this is an interesting take. He’s been a starter for a large number of games under both managers this season, even though we have more experienced players in the squad.
I don’t think either Benitez or Lampard have a particular desire to play scousers in the team. I think with Gordon they trust him to play how he has been asked to play and from what both managers said in interviews, he’s a player who works hard on the training ground to improve. I think if he keeps that up, he will get games. But it would be nice to have another player in his position to push him.

What? I’ve said countless times that he isn’t producing? You are missing the point. I’m talking about the people that are writing him off and there have been plenty

Status
Not open for further replies.