2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as he works hard he's no Jarrad Bowen lets be honest.

Wee bit over rated by our fans.

Any young player who can do something as basic as control a football will always be overrated by people on here.

Having said that, Gordon has had a great season and there's a platform for him to build on. He's been an attacking player in a terrible team which has got its best results by playing defensive football. That isn't easy and he should be rightly praised for that.

I think he is probably our player of the season, however he was the reason we were unable to defend 2 leads today. His tracking (or lack of it) of Henry meant all 3 goals came from our right. His body language just wasnt right and he looked knackered and sulky all match. The one time he did make a run back, he stopped Henry, then just let him go again.

If he had come off at 1-0 for Kenny with Iwobi pushed into the midfield 3, I think we'd have held on. This was the sub required at halftime too at 2-1. Think Lampard showed him too much loyalty even though he was having a stinker.

Hopefully both Lampard and Gordon will have learnt something from today...

He tracked henry a lot. Thought he worked very hard trying plug the space that the sending off left. Much as it pains me i thought brentford were a very intelligent side today in terms of using the man advantage. Helped of course by having eriksen. He was killing us.

He tracked henry a lot. Thought he worked very hard trying plug the space that the sending off left. Much as it pains me i thought brentford were a very intelligent side today in terms of using the man advantage. Helped of course by having eriksen. He was killing us
He just needed to sit in front of Iwobi and face up Henry. Because he kept moving too far forward and letting Henry run past him, he got knackered very quickly having to chase shadows.

He just needed to sit in front of Iwobi and face up Henry. Because he kept moving too far forward and letting Henry run past him, he got knackered very quickly having to chase shadows.

I agree he got knackered chasing him. But it wasnt for the lack of effort.
I think they played the man advantage well. Not all teams know how to. I was half thinking man mark eriksen at one point but how the hell do you do that when you're already a man short.

He is having a good season but because of the circumstances we're hoping for more, if it was a standard midtable season his contribution this season would if been much higher regarded

Completely switched off for the winner, body shape was all wrong so was in position to get in line with Henry.

He puts so much in he's done by hour mark so if there were more options I'd maybe use him as sub for last two games.

A good season for him and I hope he can improve. In terms of expectations I don’t see him getting too much better however

I think he hides a bit. He certainly looks timid and avoidant when he takes his place in a wall defending free kicks.

Lads cream crackered carrying all the no shows and there’s plenty of them
He is cream crackered because he can't manage his runs properly. He was blowing cheeks after 30 mins yesterday which is just ridiculous for a pro at any level. He really, really needs to learn when to use his pace and when not to, at the moment he is just wasting it and wasting his runs and he ends up going nowhere. There is a genuine talent there but a lot of raw edges to get past first but if he cant learn to manage his fitness then he will struggle imo.

I think he hides a bit. He certainly looks timid and avoidant when he takes his place in a wall defending free kicks.
I wouldn't say he hides at all tbf

He just isn't that good... yet

It'll come, he's got all the talent, but he's very raw. The fact we've relied on him so much this season shows why we're in this mess.

I wouldn't say he hides at all tbf

He just isn't that good... yet

It'll come, he's got all the talent, but he's very raw. The fact we've relied on him so much this season shows why we're in this mess.

He doesn't exactly look solid when he's in a wall. He's turned side on, and stands away from his wall partner. Almost like he hopes the wall won't be needed.

He doesn't exactly look solid when he's in a wall. He's turned side on, and stands away from his wall partner. Almost like he hopes the wall won't be needed.
Are we just talking about him being in a wall here or in general in terms of his all-round play?

Status
Not open for further replies.