2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, last season was his breakthrough.

A goal and an assist in his last 2 games, against Farmers like. But an assist is an assist and a goal is a goal, the only thing he was lacking was end product.

Hoping I get tagged to death after every game next season, nothing would please me more.
Yeah I mean the end product is gonna click

Gordon involved in the Third goal for England. Showed a lot of intelligence and composure to not try a Hollywood pass and use vision to beat the offside trap. Quality stuff

Scores all the time that Archer.
If Gerrard had any sense he’d take a look at him pre season with view to him being in and around the first team, scored 17 goals in all competitions last season, 4 for Villa’s first team in the League Cup, 6 for their U23s in the EFL Trophy and 7 on loan at Preston second half of the season

That replaces Richy’s goals anyway. If we could replicate that on the other side of (I assume) DCL then we’re defo safe!

….it’s interesting, I use the successful sides we’ve had in the past and we had a supply of goals form wider areas;

Husband/Morrisey 1970 (Whittle replaced injured Husband and scored 11 in the run-in)
Steven/Sheedy

its not rocket science to replicate what works. Sometimes we make the game more complicated than it needs to be.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.