2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok.
I grant you that Gordon is not as good as Ronaldo, Ronaldo or Messi. 2 of them are amongst the best to ever play the game.

Lots of players get called world class, who are nowhere near that level. Kanchelskis was world class here for a season, but was not at that level.

At 20, Pulisic was a world class talent. It hasn't worked out at Chelsea, but he was very highly thought of. Again not as good as the 3 you've mentioned, but we could probably go 20 years and not see a player of their ability.
We managed without Rooney and he was the most talented player we’ve had in a long time. No room for sentiment, sell the lad and go get the firepower we need. I wish Gordon well and look forward to him returning on astronomical wages and a 5 year deal when he’s 32

Well Gordon plays a bit deeper really and contributes a lot more defensively.
He got 4 goals last season, which according to some is woeful, yer Martinelli averaging less than 4 a season across his time is wonderful. Strange how people intepret things.

And it doesn't matter what I think Gordon is worth. He's worth what somebody is willing to pay. People far brighter than me and you have dictated he's worth at least 42m. That holds far more value. These people are professionals, who know what they are doing in this.

They're not people on an internet forum who think they are being clever for making trying to split hairs between a winger, a wide forward and a striker.

Hmm, this is a bit a spoon bending.

22/23 - 2 goals in 2 apps
21/22 - 6 goals, 7 assists in 36 apps
20/21 - 2 goals, 2 assists in 23 apps
19/20 - 10 goals, 4 assists in 26 apps

Far better numbers playing the same position as Gordon.

45 for Gordon and sell. What if he goes the same way as DCL our other home grown threat good for about 7 goals and 20 matches a year.

That won't keep us up.

We managed without Rooney and he was the most talented player we’ve had in a long time. No room for sentiment, sell the lad and go get the firepower we need. I wish Gordon well and look forward to him returning on astronomical wages and a 5 year deal when he’s 32

I agree mate.

I've said openly I'd sell him and we will be fine.

Hes a decent player, but has the potential to be an excellent player. I'm much happier with 50m quid though!

Ok.
I grant you that Gordon is not as good as Ronaldo, Ronaldo or Messi. 2 of them are amongst the best to ever play the game.

Lots of players get called world class, who are nowhere near that level. Kanchelskis was world class here for a season, but was not at that level.

At 20, Pulisic was a world class talent. It hasn't worked out at Chelsea, but he was very highly thought of. Again not as good as the 3 you've mentioned, but we could probably go 20 years and not see a player of their ability.
That’s my point, the term “world class” gets bandied about all the time

When truthfully, you know when you’ve witnessed world class. And again, Pulisic was not

Status
Not open for further replies.